Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem? Was it resolved?

I ordered an Ascent Touring with a few simple additional features on August 12,2018. It still has not arrived. I was told last week that the car would be ready for pickup on October 16th.

Still no car.

When I called the salesperson he told me it was "not his or the dealer fault". He told me Subaru America is not responding to the dealer request for update. In this day of technology even Amazon knows where the package is in shipping.

This really concerns me since I am spending $50,000 on a new car. Am I going to see the same response on service and recalls?

I currently have a Toyota Highlander and have NO problems with it. It was shipped from Japan and the sales person called and kept me updated on delivery date and it arrived on time and pickup was easy.

I am ready to start looking at the Pilot and the Highlander and cancel the order that has been "on the truck" for 10 days.

If the dealer cannot help, who can help? There is no way to contact Subaru for this problem. I called the support number and held for 30minutes and then selected a call back, that was 4:30 pm this afternoon. The message said I would not lose the place in line. I am still waiting for a callback.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was in your same situation. Ordered June 3rd was initially told "Late July", then August 3rd, then given several other dates that came and went till finally the actual delivery in mid September. I think it was 14 weeks from order till delivery and my salesperson was never able to give any accurate information except for when the car was actually at the dealer. However, a call to Subaru of America about a week prior to delivery was reassuring as this customer service representative did track things down and give me accurate information. I'd say to try again with the national customer service. Like you, I was nearly to the point of cancelling my order and going with a Toyota. All that said, I'm quite happy now with the car. It's worked out great for all the reasons I wanted it in the first place.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think your dealer is just not good at holding specifics until they know for sure.
Everything you read on here about deliveries will tell you that once it's "in transit" they have no idea exactly when it will come. a ballpark yes, but to give a specific pickup date before it's on the lot seems unusual

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I talked to Don Mealey in Orlando again today and they stood by the story that Subaru would not give them an update of the status. Maybe next month

·
Registered
583 Posts
Has anyone else had this problem? Was it resolved?

I ordered an Ascent Touring with a few simple additional features on August 12,2018. It still has not arrived. I was told last week that the car would be ready for pickup on October 16th.

Still no car.

When I called the salesperson he told me it was "not his or the dealer fault". He told me Subaru America is not responding to the dealer request for update. In this day of technology even Amazon knows where the package is in shipping.

This really concerns me since I am spending $50,000 on a new car. Am I going to see the same response on service and recalls?

I currently have a Toyota Highlander and have NO problems with it. It was shipped from Japan and the sales person called and kept me updated on delivery date and it arrived on time and pickup was easy.

I am ready to start looking at the Pilot and the Highlander and cancel the order that has been "on the truck" for 10 days.

If the dealer cannot help, who can help? There is no way to contact Subaru for this problem. I called the support number and held for 30minutes and then selected a call back, that was 4:30 pm this afternoon. The message said I would not lose the place in line. I am still waiting for a callback.
I ordered on July 13 and received my car October 12th......It “shipped rail” on September 20 & was delivered to the dealer on October 11th.....21 days “in transit”......
Maybe things are not too bad.....?:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delay In Delivery

I'm still having the same problem. Ordered Ascent Limited on July 30th, told 6 - 8 weeks. In September after pushing the dealer for answers was given Mid Nov. Now end of Dec. estimated ETA . Neither dealer or Subaru can give me a definitive date. Considering cancelling order at this point, best car around won't help if you can't get it delivered.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If you can find a dealer that has the trim on hand and would be willing to meet or at least come close to what it would cost for any port-installed addons, it might be something to consider. I believe the only difference between dealer installed and port installed accessories, other than the price, is the warranty. Unless something changed, port-installed options carry the full warranty of whatever you've got (3/36 or something more with SAS) whereas the dealer installed parts have a 12m/unlimited warranty.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been looking for a car with the same color and trim for some time , but no luck. Limited white with Ivory leather interior. I actually asked Subaru if any of the extras could be causing the delay and they said no. Aside from 3rd row usb ports I didn't order anything that the dealer couldn't install themselves. So basically stuck waiting for now with no reasonable answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts