Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just seen a post on Facebook from a guy that works at the plant and he said to not expect any early arrivals because of the way production was going and that the plant was having issues from body to trim and other things he couldn’t disclose to the public. Sounds like we may all get pushed out further than our expected dates.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I just seen a post on Facebook from a guy that works at the plant and he said to not expect any early arrivals because of the way production was going and that the plant was having issues from body to trim and other things he couldn’t disclose to the public. Sounds like we may all get pushed out further than our expected dates.
If this is true it seems like a lot of defects/ problems should have shown up in the cars that have already been delivered...Do the reports of problems on this forum (or anywhere else) seem that prevalent?
Hopefully, if true, they get these things figured out...It has also been reported that a shortage of 20” wheels is slowing production...Both things could be true....It would be nice to get some actual facts instead of rumors though....
Makes me kind of glad(now) that my car order is due in November....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmmm any longer than my Sept date and I’ll need to start shopping around....If they release details on a redesigned Highlander id jump ship after seeing what they’ve done with the 2019 Rav4

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I marked the names out for privacy but this is the post. They also asked what should we be looking for in issues and they said they couldn’t comment on an open thread about the issues at the plant right now. I really don’t know why anyone who works there would make this up and it does seem like everyone is starting to get there dates pushed back. Hopefully it’s nothing major!

If this is true it seems like a lot of defects/ problems should have shown up in the cars that have already been delivered...Do the reports of problems on this forum (or anywhere else) seem that prevalent?
Hopefully, if true, they get these things figured out...It has also been reported that a shortage of 20” wheels is slowing production...Both things could be true....It would be nice to get some actual facts instead of rumors though....
Makes me kind of glad(now) that my car order is due in November....
Here is the screenshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm any longer than my Sept date and I’ll need to start shopping around....If they release details on a redesigned Highlander id jump ship after seeing what they’ve done with the 2019 Rav4
I like the highlander as well that we test drove, just the infotainment system is soooo dated! I loved the older style pilots but just hate the new ones, it felt kinda cheap inside for the money, we will probably lean toward the new Chevy Traverse if our date gets kicked beyond Sept. We shall see I guess!

·
Registered
357 Posts
this may help some people we were month of July delivery, got pushed to end of the month August for delivery, and now we are moved back up to first week of August.

The message from the guy at the plant can go two ways IMO body trim is a broad term, and they may be having to do a lot of clean up on the body post production which can slow them down. I would think they are trying to stream line things more and getting things fixed early rather than post production.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this may help some people we were month of July delivery, got pushed to end of the month August for delivery, and now we are moved back up to first week of August.

The message from the guy at the plant can go two ways IMO body trim is a broad term, and they may be having to do a lot of clean up on the body post production which can slow them down. I would think they are trying to stream line things more and getting things fixed early rather than post production.
Very true! I know when we got our 16 legacy, they were having paint issues and it slowed ours down for delivery. So hopefully it’s just something minor, he did also mention further down in his post when someone asked if the finished cars were coming back in to fix things from port and he said yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts