Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Looking into getting a 2020 Touring in White with popular package 2 or 2a (the only difference is the LED Interior lights which cost about $20 to change yourself). I qualify for the Subaru VIP pricing program which is 98% of invoice price and when I engaged with the dealer for the first time I presented that to them. However, the dealer seems hell bent in wanting to give me "a better deal" which to them comes in the form of a $4000 discount and expires Jan 31.

I ran the numbers myself, of course, based on guesses with a MSRP of $47,195 and an invoice price of $43,670. Unless I did the math wrong I still think that the VIP pricing is the better deal.

Has anyone seen this before where the dealer trys to wiggle out of the VIP program? What advice do you have for me in this situation.

Happy to answer any questions in the thread. I feel like I'm being taken for a ride here!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Contact [email protected] and ask for their input. Provide all of the details (dealership name, prices, car info including trim, "factory"/port accessories, dealer accessories, extended warranties, etc).

·
Registered
377 Posts
What qualifies one for VIP pricing?

If you own a Subaru you can call Subaru customer service and get a loyalty discount as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies! Let me update everyone on the outcomes here.
  1. Called Subaru of America regular customer support first and they immediately apologized and then advised me to call the VIP phone number.
  2. Before disconnecting with SOA Customer Service they sent me a Loyalty Discount via email to thank me for almost stepping into my 3rd Subaru.
  3. Called SOA VIP Program help line to explain the situation and here is what happened:
    1. They apologized for the trouble and offered to call the dealer and advocate on my behalf if I wanted to go that route.
    2. Option 2 was that they were willing to issue another Subaru VIP Program Letter for another dealer of my choice.
I've not gone back to my original dealer as yet in person to discuss pricing but I'm going to push for the VIP pricing and if they say no I'm going somewhere else with the new letter...bye have a nice day.

Hope this reply helps someone else!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
#Robert.Mauro, Can one use VIP pricing PLUS a loyalty coupon/discount, together?
I did...and the language on both doesn't preclude it, either. The loyalty benefit is a manufacturer rebate. The VIP program is a partner pricing program and the VIP letter's wording details what can and cannot be done. No dealer can change that.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Sadly, I think it's program specific. Mine had this wording:

• VIP pricing cannot be combined with any other Subaru offers or vouchers except Subaru Guaranteed Trade Program (GTP) or $500 Subaru Added Security Maintenance Plan Coupon.
So, yes, sadly, Loyalty Coupons are not eligible for use with VIP Programs that have the same wording as mine.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Program specific may very well be true...or some dealers are just more flexible. I didn't bother to get the VIP letter for this weekend's Forester Limited purchase for Professor Dr. SWMBO as our dealer gave us the same 2% off invoice plus honored our $750 VIP rebate that I got by calling in Saturday morning before we headed to the dealer for our, um...six hour "vacation" from real life. (Oooh....pretzels filled with mystery meat for lunch, too. LOL) So I don't know if the language would have changed since my Ascent purchase last may were my VIP letter allowed for the rebate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts