Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After going around discussions with regards to what ascent, I have decided to go with the 7 seater premium. Since this configuration requires the rear gate, push button start, auto dimming mirrors, and reverse brake system, that was put into the calculation.
When I go to Costco auto, the price for this format was 34220 for invoice.

However, when I contacted my dealer, he was happy to take the vip pricing, but he said his invoice pricing was 34665, and just flat told me that he had the invoice prices on his order screen, and therefore the Costco price is wrong.

He in addition told me this price difference was in other models of Subaru he sold.
Does this make sense? I thought many people here have already verified the Costco pricing for invoice orders, correct? The guy was willing to show me the order price on his screen.

Yes it is merely a few hundred dollars in difference, but since there are increases in options that I have to take due to requirement for the 7 seater, the increase in money here and there is starting to hike up the overall price for me.

Did anybody else hear similar accusations with regards to Costco pricing before?
I will appreciate your insight/opinion/experience.

thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought my Ascent in July and repeated multiple times that I want the Costco price. The salesman kept "having issues with the computer" and couldn't get me any pricing (in the end, I think this is true), but said it did go through Costco and that I'd get an email in a couple of weeks from Costco with some coupons. Those coupons never came, so I contacted the support number for the Costco Auto Program. If you look online, you'll see the Costco Auto Program get mixed reviews, but I don't think I've ever had better service for a complaint. The initial person I talked to escalated the issue and I was called back a few days later. I was informed that there is no reduced price for the Ascent going through Costco; the car is just too new. I also had to give him all the purchase information, so it looks like the information never made it from the dealership to the Costco Auto Program, but the Costco rep did email me the coupons while I was on the phone with him.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The CostCo MSRP doesn't match the Subaru.com MSRP, so I imagine the invoice pricing is off, too.

Also, the CostCo website didn't seem to know which accessories were already included in the trim I was looking at, which also decreases my confidence.

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I used the Costco pricing for my touring it was spot on even with the addition of package 3 and the other add-ons of trailer hitch and side molding. That being said, I too have heard of people having problems with the Costco system. I would check any prices that Costco give you against some of the other invoice pricing information that is listed on this website. There are several dealers on here too who have the ability to point out the discrepancies if any. In the end, Costco is not selling you the car, Subaru (or a dealer) is. If you have a worry about your particular dealer, email another and see if the numbers add up. If they are consistent then you have your answer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is there a place to get the definitive invoice price? Like is that something SOA would provide?

When I ordered my touring (no accessories) I got the calculation for my VIP pricing but the invoice price they used is different from what the Costco website shows. According to costco my build is Invoice: $41,601 and MSRP: $44695 thats before the 975 destination charge.

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate for a Touring model as-is with no accessories or additions.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is there a place to get the definitive invoice price? Like is that something SOA would provide?

When I ordered my touring (no accessories) I got the calculation for my VIP pricing but the invoice price they used is different from what the Costco website shows. According to costco my build is Invoice: $41,601 and MSRP: $44695 thats before the 975 destination charge.

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate for a Touring model as-is with no accessories or additions.
You can always ask your dealership. They may tell you no, but I personally will disclose invoice price to customers who ask.

If you placed an order, the invoice price on your order is the invoice price.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Here is the invoice pricing for a Touring with no accessories: https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2019/Subaru/Ascent/2-4T-Touring-7-Passenger/Pricing

For those of you that want the invoice pricing on other models, just select the trim you want and then it also has a section for add-on accessories. This was spot on with my dealer.

Reactions: Glenda S. McKinney

·
Registered
965 Posts

Since the $975 D&D charge is something we're stuck with at the dealership level in SOA territory (NOT SNE / SDC territory or HI, and Alaska is $1,125), then the MSRP figure will be $45,670. So ... let's just say numbers look familiar, without saying anything else. :tango_face_wink:

Having said all this, I've had customers come in before with TrueCar prices that were wrong before, so it wouldn't surprise me if Costco was wrong at various times with their pricing. We see this all the time. What I laugh at is when a customer tries to argue me that the third party pricing system that doesn't actually sell cars MUST be right in their price.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Costco prices fluctuated quite a bit when the Ascent was first added. At one time the invoice pricing on the Hitch was supppppppper cheap.

My dealer also said Costco was off slightly. I think in the end it was only off around $100

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is the invoice pricing for a Touring with no accessories: https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2019/Subaru/Ascent/2-4T-Touring-7-Passenger/Pricing

For those of you that want the invoice pricing on other models, just select the trim you want and then it also has a section for add-on accessories. This was spot on with my dealer.
Ok so that website agrees with what costco has, My dealer has it about $500 higher. Of course it's possible that it has been adjusted by the time I take delivery... I will wait and see what figure they throw at me during final negotiations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tried to get Costco pricing and it says no dealers in my area (greater Atlanta) are participating in the program for the Ascent.

I know its a pipe dream this close to release but I was hoping to get a 1% lease on a Limited.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.