Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Ascent Premium and have had ongoing issues with the dealer - Can someone help me out - I am trying to figure out if I am incapable of understanding the numbers on my order sheet or if I'm getting jerked around:

Total Purchase Price: $38578
Delivered Price: $41181.23
Down Payment (including initial deposit): $4000
Added Service Contract (with tax): $2369

So I would expect my balance due to be $39550.23
My Actual Balance Due is $40152.78

I was told they were comping me free VIP membership but there is a line on the order form for $602.55 for VIP membership with tax. That amount makes up the exact difference between what I expected to owe and what they say I owe. I cannot help but feel like I am getting charged for the membership that I was told would be free. Am I misunderstanding some numbers here?

·
Registered
304 Posts
without knowing absolutely every single thing about your dealer, and your city/county/state taxes and other fees (MVWR, titling, tag, etc) I can't really help you.

If you have a printout of your deal that shows all the numbers, that would be more beneficial.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just got my Ascent Premium and have had ongoing issues with the dealer - Can someone help me out - I am trying to figure out if I am incapable of understanding the numbers on my order sheet or if I'm getting jerked around:

I was told they were comping me free VIP membership but there is a line on the order form for $602.55 for VIP membership with tax. That amount makes up the exact difference between what I expected to owe and what they say I owe. I cannot help but feel like I am getting charged for the membership that I was told would be free. Am I misunderstanding some numbers here?
Don't feel bad....the head spinning feeling is normal:) I would tell them to take off the VIP membership charge as you're not comfortable with it and you don't appreciate your time being wasted.

I don't know if you've ever done a refi on your home, but talk about getting jerked around....thank god i don't think interest rates will drop below 3.85 anytime soon as i never want to go threw that again. Had create multiple spreadsheets and lingo converters to figure where the best deal was and there were Large differences.

Here was my limited pricing as i remember it.

40,550 MSRP:
37,389 Dealer Invoice price with destination and delivery.
Dealer hold back $780

I purchased for just over 38k and taxes were $2,674 and dealer fees were around $200. I wrote a check for just over 41k. There was a dealer trade involved in my purchase, so price paid was higher than normal.

·
Registered
590 Posts

Cancel that service contract and call Luke! It will save you a ton of money!

Also do you think that 600 could be the document fees? I know our dealer charges 595.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts