Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, if any of you who ordered decided to add any accessories and they had to be dealer installed? Our dealer is wanting to charge like triple MSRP for add ons and refusing to place another order to get it port installed at invoice like the other things we got when we ordered because he said Subaru would see it as them placing orders to get extras on the lot. I don’t even mind paying msrp for the additions but paying them 2000 to install a hitch and remote start seems excessive. Anybody have this happen to them?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I posted in your other thread. $2k for remote start and hitch seems excessive. $600 for the hitch, installed seems fair. Maybe save the $1200 for remote start from starlink? Not sure on cost or convenience, but it may be worth the savings, especially if you dont use it often.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted in your other thread. $2k for remote start and hitch seems excessive. $600 for the hitch, installed seems fair. Maybe save the $1200 for remote start from starlink? Not sure on cost or convenience, but it may be worth the savings, especially if you dont use it often.
Sorry I was looking and couldn’t find the other one! We are still going back and forth with them over the price. The only issue we have with the starlink is we live in the mountains and don’t always have cell service to access the app. So close to canceling and reordering somewhere else. I just can’t justify 2000 extra and they are not even communicating with us. About time to get the deposit back I guess.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is there only one Subaru dealership near you? If not, call/email around to see if anybody else can help you for less. If so, you also might want to use them for maintenance or warranty covered repair.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there only one Subaru dealership near you? If not, call/email around to see if anybody else can help you for less. If so, you also might want to use them for maintenance or warranty covered repair.
We are not really close to any.. haha! Our dealer is an hour away and the others hour and a half plus. I think that’s why they think we won’t walk away. They haven’t met the real me yet. Haha! I probably shouldn’t complain but they sold us the car and accessories we added at that time at invoice. Just feel like they are trying to make all that loss up installing 2 things... (sigh)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.