Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got the e-mail that our Crimson Red Pearl Touring Ascent is on the lot at Mike Shaw Subaru in Thornton, CO. Hopefully we will be picking it up tomorrow. We were the first people at this dealership to pre-order ours on February 16th. I cannot wait to post photos!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats! Hope they make their way to Flatirons in Boulder soon...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Mike Shaw is where I get all of my parts. There parts department is number #1 in my book. I have dealt with them for over 5 years.

FlatIrons ... sheesh $$$$, again, in my book.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mike Shaw is where I get all of my parts. There parts department is number #1 in my book. I have dealt with them for over 5 years.

FlatIrons ... sheesh $$$$, again, in my book.
Yeah, we'll see how my experience goes. I am not a current customer but they have been pretty unyielding on the Ascent pricing. Maybe Mike Shaw will be my future service shop.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah, we'll see how my experience goes. I am not a current customer but they have been pretty unyielding on the Ascent pricing. Maybe Mike Shaw will be my future service shop.
I think everyone is hard-nosing on pricing right now. I was NOT vouching for the shop, just the parts department. FlatIrons has good service, the have to ... Boulder and Better, Right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I bought my 3.6L outback in 2016 Mike Shaw quoted me MSRP. Wouldn't budge. I paid $1000+ under invoice at Heuberger in the Springs. Delta of about $5000. I hope they are doing better by you...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I ordered our Ascent from Flatiron in April. A few days ago they said our car was on the train and expected ETA was July 10-16.

Dave

·
Registered
685 Posts
When I bought my 3.6L outback in 2016 Mike Shaw quoted me MSRP. Wouldn't budge. I paid $1000+ under invoice at Heuberger in the Springs. Delta of about $5000. I hope they are doing better by you...
They are the largest volume dealer in the country. And it cost you acouple hundred in Logistics getting the car, but we all have our value structure. Heuberger can get me better prices on parts, not by much. But I live 4 miles from Mike Shaw, The shipping or travel delta, makes no sense for me and what I do. As much as I am at Mike Shaw, they cycle through sales people faster than MickyD's.

My 5 parts guys have been there for 4-5 years. Ok, the online orders punk is 2 years, but he's my guy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I get it, for parts, but not for the actual car. $5K is a lot to me and I am doing fine financially. The Mike Shaw guy was a jerk when I called. Hopefully he is long gone for the dealer's sake. The Heuberger guy actually offered to bring it up to my house in 2016 if I would wait a couple days. It was only a 50 minute drive and I wanted it ASAP so I picked it up. The internet guy at Heuberger (Adam) has been super nice whenever I call or email. Currently, I take my car to Groove and they are happy to get my maintenance and warranty business even though I didn't get the car from them. I will do the same with the Ascent.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We just got the e-mail that our Crimson Red Pearl Touring Ascent is on the lot at Mike Shaw Subaru in Thornton, CO. Hopefully we will be picking it up tomorrow. We were the first people at this dealership to pre-order ours on February 16th. I cannot wait to post photos!
Congratulations!! Hope they gave you a good deal having ordered that early. I agree with the other posters - Mike Shaw Subaru parts department is awesome!! The sales department seems to be on the other end of the spectrum. So excited for you!! Enjoy that beautiful Ascent. Stand firm on the trade-in if you have one. They will try to lowball you!! That's the Mike Shaw way.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I get it, for parts, but not for the actual car. $5K is a lot to me and I am doing fine financially. The Mike Shaw guy was a jerk when I called. Hopefully he is long gone for the dealer's sake. The Heuberger guy actually offered to bring it up to my house in 2016 if I would wait a couple days. It was only a 50 minute drive and I wanted it ASAP so I picked it up. The internet guy at Heuberger (Adam) has been super nice whenever I call or email. Currently, I take my car to Groove and they are happy to get my maintenance and warranty business even though I didn't get the car from them. I will do the same with the Ascent.
These guys built there reputation on going beyond. They have a standing deal with me for a part for my car. When I am ready, they will take care of me. And the building of the business is a good one. They are just 65miles away vs 4.

lol.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
They (Mike Shaw) actually have 3 Ascents on the lot as of today. Two white ones and one crimson red. They look great but wow, are those seats "white." The seats are just as white as the photos show. Not sure I would call that "warm ivory." More like "ivory soap."

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats!!! That’s so exciting ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Flatirons in Boulder just received their first shipment last week and they have a couple on the lot to test drive. And it sounds like mine squeaked out of the factory just before shut-down and is en-route with an ETA of second week of July!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts