Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the first to preorder an ascent at my dealer the first day orders were open. Yesterday my dealer got 3 in, 2 touring 1 premium but none were Preordered. They are guessing july 7 for mine.
If I wanted black I could switch now but no way do I want a black suv. (ordered blue).
How unfair is that!
I am also on the fence about upgrading from the ltd to the touring. They said they would see about a dealer trade but boy I don't see another dealer giving up an ascent this early'
Thanks for letting me vent.
Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was the first to preorder an ascent at my dealer the first day orders were open. Yesterday my dealer got 3 in, 2 touring 1 premium but none were Preordered. They are guessing july 7 for mine.
If I wanted black I could switch now but no way do I want a black suv. (ordered blue).
How unfair is that!
I am also on the fence about upgrading from the ltd to the touring. They said they would see about a dealer trade but boy I don't see another dealer giving up an ascent this early'
Brian
My dealership did the same. 2 came in that they are using for demos which is understandable. Mine won't be in until next week.

·
Registered
234 Posts
How unfair is that!
Brian
It is frustrating. You will find that pretty common here on the forum. The order in which people ordered has not resulted in those people being the first to receive cars at the dealerships.

Hang in there. LOL you have plenty of support here trust me

·
Registered
253 Posts
Man-o-man do I hear you. I keep telling myself 'Once I have it, all this waiting will be out of mind' but it is still pretty tough.

Its like turning 16. You can't wait to drive, but once it happens you almost forget about your anticipation.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man-o-man do I hear you. I keep telling myself 'Once I have it, all this waiting will be out of mind' but it is still pretty tough.

Its like turning 16. You can't wait to drive, but once it happens you almost forget about your anticipation.
I am having the same thoughts! I feel like I need a support group! Checking my email 20 times a day, stalking this message board, checking the dealer website to see any Ascent that resembles mine in transit. I feel like a little kid, waiting for their birthday, knowing that I’ll be getting what I wanted but I have to wait for the day of my birthday to open the gift in the hall closet. What makes it worse is that my birthday is the end of July so I keep telling my self that I just need to wait til then. But for real, I have no desire to wait!!! I know I’ll get what I want but when? Help!!!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am having the same thoughts! I feel like I need a support group! Checking my email 20 times a day, stalking this message board, checking the dealer website to see any Ascent that resembles mine in transit. I feel like a little kid, waiting for their birthday, knowing that I’ll be getting what I wanted but I have to wait for the day of my birthday to open the gift in the hall closet. What makes it worse is that my birthday is the end of July so I keep telling my self that I just need to wait til then. But for real, I have no desire to wait!!! I know I’ll get what I want but when? Help!!!!!!
LOL Do you click on the matching vehicle to see if the VIN matches yours? HAHA that brings it to a new level of self torture ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
LOL Do you click on the matching vehicle to see if the VIN matches yours? HAHA that brings it to a new level of self torture /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Yes!! I’m lame at waiting! I should never had test drove one a few weeks back as it’s just made the waiting even worse!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes!! I’m lame at waiting! I should never had test drove one a few weeks back as it’s just made the waiting even worse!!!
You are lucky. I have not been able to test drive one. Most likely won't be able to until my dealer gets my pre order in :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are lucky. I have not been able to test drive one. Most likely won't be able to until my dealer gets my pre order in /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
Don’t do it!!! Cause then when you get back in your car, that you have been happy with for 11 years, still happy with really, it will be a huge let down! ??

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don’t do it!!! Cause then when you get back in your car, that you have been happy with for 11 years, still happy with really, it will be a huge let down! ??
LOL My current car has a failing head gasket. I started it yesterday. Can not wait to get a car. This wait is killing me big time

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
How unfair is that!
Brian
They already bagged the sale with yours. They will make you wait.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The two Subaru dealers near me have a total of 21 Acents "in transit." Does that mean they will be available for sale or does that number include pre-orders? If I see one I like online, I might just offer $5,000 over MSRP even if it is a pre-order. That will challenge the ethics of the Sales Manager. Just kidding.

The VIN's are all over the board, lowest ends in 401717 - highest 408232. That's quite a spread for a vehicle without any presence on the lots of either of my two dealerships.

·
Registered
583 Posts
How unfair is that!
Brian
I thought that Subaru gave sold orders priority??I am pretty sure I read that in a article by or about Subaru...
I think people preorder cars to get exactly what they want & to get their car first/early..
When people that order in March,May,June(!?) get their car before people that order in February, that is just wrong....You can talk about batch production all you want....Subaru needs to balance that with the expectations/ wants of their customers...loyal customers.....
It’s somewhat like lining up at 2 am at Best Buy for the killer Black Friday deal on the big screen TV and someone just walks up to the front of the line and swoops it up....Most would not like that......

·
Registered
18 Posts
...Yesterday my dealer got 3 in, 2 touring 1 premium but none were Preordered...
My dealership did the same. 2 came in that they are using for demos which is understandable...
Whaaaaaa?!? I've only gotten the distinct impression from others here that this is sold out until 2019. You MUST pay what the dealers are now insisting you pay because demand so vastly exceeds supply.

Oh....not so much....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Whaaaaaa?!? I've only gotten the distinct impression from others here that this is sold out until 2019. You MUST pay what the dealers are now insisting you pay because demand so vastly exceeds supply.

Oh....not so much....
My dealer in MA just sent me an email to come test drive my model, which I'm going to do. Mine should be in on Monday. I was surprised there would be any for testing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts