Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have less than 5000 miles and battery has died three time, took to dealer two times and the found no issues. This all started when the weather here in VA got colder, so being old school maybe a cell or two is bad in the battery? Of course they won't replace battery unless they find an issue. So the jury is still out on this one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Something is draining your battery. I had dead battery at 1500 miles. Known problem with tailgate remaining open even for an hour or two may kill battery. Other info in this forum indicates a recall is pending.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
There are threads about this in the Complaints/Issues/Problems/Defect forum area. Some folks did have problems with their battery.

Reactions: Tunafish

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If you only make short trips then the battery will never get fully charged because the alternator may not have enough time to recharge the batter. Do enough short trips and eventually it won’t start. Also I think the factory battery may be a bit weak and only going on short trips is not so kind to it and they fail early. I tend to drive 100+ miles a day and have no problems with my battery.

I wonder how they are testing it? With a simple CCA analyzer measuring resistance or with a load tester. You may want to go to a Walmart or an auto parts they will test it for free.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
This has been discussed in depth. The problem is two-fold: 1). The Ascent can be very hard on batteries with issues such as an open rear tailgate causing a large current drain, and 2). The OEM battery is not high quality, in fact, it is one of the weakest car batteries I've ever owned.

Do yourself a favor and purchase a better battery. I recommend an EverStart Maxx which you can get at your local Walmart for under $100. This is a proven, well review battery. I purchased one and have not experienced any more battery issues with my Ascent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts