Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just wanted to know if the base and the premium come with LED DRLs as I know that they are standard on the Touring and the Limited.
DRLs are standard on every trim, but there is no specific difference mentioned on Ascent page. so I guess they are LEDs.
However, LED fog lights are ONLY for Limited and Touring.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Just wanted to know if the base and the premium come with LED DRLs as I know that they are standard on the Touring and the Limited.
In all of my research, i believe they are not LED. One of the reasons I went with the Limited...and so i could get foglights since they arent standard either...

I'd suggest emailing Subaru support and they can confirm 100%. But when I asked them about LED and foglights they said limited and above

Projector-beam halogen headlights for base and premium

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think the Ascent headlights and the outback headlights are exactly the same, if not that are pretty darn close.

I would think that the DRL will be the new and improved C-Lights that you see on the forester and the outback

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think the Ascent headlights and the outback headlights are exactly the same, if not that are pretty darn close.

I would think that the DRL will be the new and improved C-Lights that you see on the forester and the outback
That would make sense since they are both coming out of the same factory. So what is standard on the Outback base 2.5 and premium should be the same for the Ascent as well, which mean they will have LED DRLs with halogen bulbs. I have a premium on order is the reason why I am asking and I am ok with the halogen because I can easily switch them out for the H13 LED bulbs that I have halogen replacements in my wife's Mazda CX-9.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That would make sense since they are both coming out of the same factory. So what is standard on the Outback base 2.5 and premium should be the same for the Ascent as well, which mean they will have LED DRLs with halogen bulbs. I have a premium on order is the reason why I am asking and I am ok with the halogen because I can easily switch them out for the H13 LED bulbs that I have halogen replacements in my wife's Mazda CX-9.
I would think you are correct, in this assumption. That really does seem to be par for the course with Subaru.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts