Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to turn off the dashboard lights, and I think there is a wheel near my left knee on the lower panel that controls this. However, it does nothing when I scroll that wheel. Anyone know more about this?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Trying to turn off the dashboard lights, and I think there is a wheel near my left knee on the lower panel that controls this. However, it does nothing when I scroll that wheel. Anyone know more about this?
That's the right one - if I recall, you need to scroll down on it to dim. Thinking about it, maybe it only dims at night?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Greetings,
Could you be more specific about which lights and what time of day? I think kathytn is correct about the dimmer wheel. That works at night (i.e., when the headlights are on). For daytime, there is a setting to switch from automatic brightness levels to manual settings for the touchscreen and (I think) other things.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just tried this before I pulled out of my driveway. Dark outside, so not sure what would happen if light out.

With headlight switch at Off, no dimming occurs. This superbright daytime gauge light setting does not dim.

With headlight switch at Auto, Parking Lights, or On, the internal gauges follow the dimmer wheel setting. Interestingly, the inside accent lights don't dim, but my old Merc GL accents didn't dim either.

F.S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.