Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the manual and I know Subaru's answer would be "You can't do it." But.......

I am a first responder and have a blue light to use for emergency's. I had it mounted to the windshield with suction cups and resting on the dashboard in my Outback which did not have Eyesight. A perfect spot in the Ascent is right on the dash above the center display. Smack in the middle of the "not allowed" zone, unfortunately.

My thinking is Subaru doesn't want anything there because if it moves while driving Eyesight may apply the brakes unexpectedly. But if it's mounted securely, would it really make a difference?

It's a low profile LED light, about an inch high and 8 inches wide, case is black.

Just wondering if anyone has put anything on their dash and if it has any effect on the Eyesight operations.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,839 Posts
Can you get it closer to the glass...as close as possible? (Be wary of any sensors which are often in that area of dashboards)

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
If you must put it there, black out the top of it with something non-reflective that "seals" it to the windshield so there's no reflected/leakage of the flashing lights. The Eyesight cameras see that area, so, I am not sure how they'd respond to suddenly seeing lights flashing at them or reflecting off the windshield at them.

If I am not clear, think about the rear 3rd brake light, how it has a hood so that its light doesn't reflect back into or shine into the cabin.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I installed a dashcam on the dash above the center display well over a year ago and have had no issues with Eyesight. I suggest that you try it on a trial basis to see if it'll work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts