Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Long time since I've been here. I've been out driving the Ascent and generally having fun!
Anyways, the point of the post is because I need to give the interior a details and the dash is one of the areas that I want to clean first.

I know I should maybe put this in Car Care and Detailing but there are no real new posts and probably low visibility.

What are you all using to clean the seats, dash, and everything else? I do have the leather seats (Yay Limited #23).

I was partial to Meguiars spray, but I'm unsure. I even looked over this thread:

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/139-car-care-detailing/2393-premium-interior-cleaner.html

But really didn't get a solid takeaway: So I'm asking again for help.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hey all!

Long time since I've been here. I've been out driving the Ascent and generally having fun!
Anyways, the point of the post is because I need to give the interior a details and the dash is one of the areas that I want to clean first.

I know I should maybe put this in Car Care and Detailing but there are no real new posts and probably low visibility.

What are you all using to clean the seats, dash, and everything else? I do have the leather seats (Yay Limited #23).

I was partial to Meguiars spray, but I'm unsure. I even looked over this thread:

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/139-car-care-detailing/2393-premium-interior-cleaner.html

But really didn't get a solid takeaway: So I'm asking again for help.

Thanks everyone!
I think it's hard to get a solid takeaway because most people will just recommend what they use. Hardly anybody performs actual side-by side tests and tries to measure any differences as scientifically as possible. Personally, I can accept most any cleaner that doesn't leave any residue.

I posted in that other post you linked. 303 Aerospace protectant is pretty widely acknowledged to be a fine spray for plastics and even leather (I also use leather soap when needed). Just this past weekend, one of the kids wiped mud from her boots on my ivory leather seats. Most wiped off with baby wipes. When I got back home, I cleaned anything left over with 303. It looks like new again.

I have plenty of Meguiar's products and love the smell, but I'm still partial to 303 for most uses. It's just good to apply on anything.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's hard to get a solid takeaway because most people will just recommend what they use. Hardly anybody performs actual side-by side tests and tries to measure any differences as scientifically as possible. Personally, I can accept most any cleaner that doesn't leave any residue.

I posted in that other post you linked. 303 Aerospace protectant is pretty widely acknowledged to be a fine spray for plastics and even leather (I also use leather soap when needed). Just this past weekend, one of the kids wiped mud from her boots on my ivory leather seats. Most wiped off with baby wipes. When I got back home, I cleaned anything left over with 303. It looks like new again.

I have plenty of Meguiar's products and love the smell, but I'm still partial to 303 for most uses. It's just good to apply on anything.
Can you link the ones you would buy? I noticed a few different options

·
Registered
542 Posts
Been pretty happy with this

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/products/meguiars-quik-interior-detailer-g13616-16-oz-spray

rotated with this for the dash, door seals, and exterior plastics

https://dev-gold-eagle.pantheonsite.io/product/303-marine-recreation-aerospace-protectant/

Every now and then I'll condition the leather with Lexol.

After several hundreds/maybe thousands invested in boutique products from Autogeek, etc I've come to appreciate Meguiar's for great bang for the buck products.

Current favorites

Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax 1x a year along with clay, polish, light swirl removal
Meguiars Fast Finish every other wash on everything including roof rails
Meguiars Interior QuicK Detailer
Lexol leather conditioner 3-4x a year
Bissel Little Green Clean machine on carpets 1x a year
303 Protectant on interior/exterior plastics and tires after every wash.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks, I will have to try Meguiar’s Fast Finish. Speaking of Autogeek will have to concur with the exception of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. Multi-Use purpose. Add diluted solution to a spray bottle and use both inside and out as cleaner and quick wax. Also love 303 for outside plastic and tires!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks, I will have to try Meguiar’s Fast Finish. Speaking of Autogeek will have to concur with the exception of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. Multi-Use purpose. Add diluted solution to a spray bottle and use both inside and out as cleaner and quick wax. Also love 303 for outside plastic and tires!!!
Fast finish every other wash is definitely overkill, when it’s supposedly lasts a year. Easy to apply and nice gloss after.

You’ll love it!

·
Registered
559 Posts
The dash is some kind of rubbery matte finish material. What cleaner leaves it matte? I don’t want a shiny oily residue afterwards.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The dash is some kind of rubbery matte finish material. What cleaner leaves it matte? I don’t want a shiny oily residue afterwards.
Meguiars interior detailed leaves no residue. Won’t streak on the touch screen.

303 leaves a matte finish that’s good for the dash but you’ll see it smear on the touchscreen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.