Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed, but I can’t find a thread where the pics are still there? I got a dash cam for Xmas but need to know where I can mount it on the windshield that will not interfere with the eyesight and be out of my sight lines. Are there a few options? Thnx.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
132 Posts
I mounted mine on the lower left corner of the windshield with the provided suction cup. Easy spot to route the power cable to the 12v outlet under the radio. The suction cup does release on occasion due to the heat or cold. Not the best attachment, but it works.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine’s got a 3M like sticker mount so wherever I put it, it’s got to stay so I want to get it right. I’m definitely not mounting it to the dash but I’m considering fabricating a plastic insert to slip into the little flat space just below the small upper display. This way it would look just over it and I could remove it easily if I want.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My post is still up there, but the photos have been removed, I can try and locate them and repost. What brand of camera did you get. If it is not too large it will fit between the mirror and windshield.
I've found it works well there and is easy to slide off the mount to remove.

Stu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts