Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to install a dash cam soon (Thinkware Q800 Pro) and will be using the template provided in this post to mount it, so it won't interfere with Eyesight.

Thinking of mounting it in the third visor frit area shown as ok and safe and more concealed, but do you think having the lens peek out just a little beneath the frit and a little outside the ok area will cause Eyesight interference?

If so, I will just mount it somewhere in the ok 4" x 4" area.

·
Super Moderator
6,517 Posts
Going to install a dash cam soon (Thinkware Q800 Pro) and will be using the template provided in this post to mount it, so it won't interfere with Eyesight.

Thinking of mounting it in the third visor frit area shown as ok and safe and more concealed, but do you think having the lens peek out just a little beneath the frit and a little outside the ok area will cause Eyesight interference?

If so, I will just mount it somewhere in the ok 4" x 4" area.
That's not the Ascent area. Pretty much no safe area there, except directly behind the mirror, or left or right of the cameras behind their view. Mounting them on the camera housing bottom works if it clears the mirror so you can set the mirror.

I'll post a picture of what I did in a few hours. Heading to my day job right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts