Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All-
Since I've gone pretty far in terms of aftermarket add-ons and upgrades, seemingly unhindered by taste or the risk of ruining the family car, I thought I'd start a running list, upon which I can expand as there is interest and I have time...

Power Train
-K&N Air Filter
-Cobb Tuning Stage 1 87
-CKE Transmission Mount Insert

Suspension/Steering:
-LP 2" Lift Kit
-Nameless Strut Tower Brace
-CKE 85a bushings
-Method Racing MR 502 18x8 Wheels

Interior:
-Amber LED Interior Light Swap
-Cupholder Hero Liners
-Fuse Box Coin Container

Exterior:
-Broadfeet Bullbar, Running Boards, & Rear Bumper Guard - Removed (Raptor Linered)
-Rhino Rack Pioneer SX Platform
-LED Headlights, Blinkers, and Brake Lights
-PIAA Superior Bass Horns
-DIY ABS Plastic Mesh Grille
-AscentScreen lower grille from @Scarlett
-Yellow vinyl front and red rear light treatments
-Various Plasti-Dip black bits.

I've got a few more fun projects incoming, so stay tuned...

Best,
Christian

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hi All-
Since I've gone pretty far in terms of aftermarket add-ons and upgrades, seemingly unhindered by taste or the risk of ruining the family car, I thought I'd start a running list, upon which I can expand as there is interest and I have time...

Power Train
-K&N Air Filter
-Cobb Tuning Stage 1 87

Suspension/Steering:
-LP 2" Lift Kit
-CKE 85a bushings

Interior:
-Cupholder Hero Liners
-Fuse Box Coin Container

Exterior:
-Broadfeet Bullbar, Running Boards, & Rear Bumper Guard (Raptor Linered)

Best,
Christian

View attachment 3617
Looks great. What are those two additional rails on top on the drivers side that rise above the platform?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hi All-

Power Train
-K&N Air Filter
-Cobb Tuning Stage 1 87

Suspension/Steering:
-LP 2" Lift Kit
-CKE 85a bushings

Interior:
-Cupholder Hero Liners
-Fuse Box Coin Container

Exterior:

Best,
Christian

View attachment 3617
sorry double post. Looks great. What are those two additional rails on top on the drivers side that rise above the platform?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great. What are those two additional rails on top on the drivers side that rise above the platform?
The Rhino Rack Pioneer system is all modular: the rails on the driver side could be set on both edges, but when I run a box on the two perpendicular rail things* on the passenger side, I slide them over, to be used as follows if the box isn't enough:

They also make it very easy to strap down lumber.

*One downside of the flat platform is that boxes meant to go around the cross bar don't always work as intended...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hi All-

Power Train
-K&N Air Filter
-Cobb Tuning Stage 1 87

Suspension/Steering:
-LP 2" Lift Kit
-CKE 85a bushings

Interior:
-Cupholder Hero Liners
-Fuse Box Coin Container

Exterior:

Best,
Christian

View attachment 3617
Can the platform be fitted with locks along with the rails?

Does Rhino have an accessory attachment for skis?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The Rhino Rack Pioneer system is all modular: the rails on the driver side could be set on both edges, but when I run a box on the two perpendicular rail things* on the passenger side, I slide them over, to be used as follows if the box isn't enough:
View attachment 3628

They also make it very easy to strap down lumber.

*One downside of the flat platform is that boxes meant to go around the cross bar don't always work as intended...
I like the flexibility the flat platform provides for transporting sheet goods or lumber as well as containers of all sizes.

Is it quite, with and without the air deflector?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If I ran it without the deflector it was a day or two and don't remember. With the boxes and straps there's some extra noise, but I have 3 kids in the car to take care of that.

Just saw the other questions:
-Because of the way it bolts together, a thief would need the right wrenches and hours to get the thing off the rails. The box has locks.
-Skis, bikes, anything Thule or Yakima makes, plus the Thule or Yakima stuff can fit right in here. Check out their website, tons of accessories from jacks and shovels to led bars, load rollers, etc...

The one downside vs the Prinsu which came out right after I placed my order, is total stack height. At some point, I would like to figure out the correct rhino feet for the platform and take the OEM factory rails off entirely- much cleaner solution.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the other hand clamping to the factory rails might be seen as an advantage if you wanted to take it off more easily.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder what the noise level would be if you strap the kids to the rack as well.
That was actually the original reason behind the Brat's name and exterior seating:

I'm a fun enough dad that strapping the carts to the platform and driving the kiddos around doesn't seem so out of the question... With helmets?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,707 Posts
I'm a fun enough dad that strapping the carts to the platform and driving the kiddos around doesn't seem so out of the question... With helmets?
Even in your yard at slow speed, that would carry some serious risk. Off your property, a fine, maybe worse and a visit from CPS...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts