Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a couple boxes of accessories (splash guards not pictured). I will add pictures once I get them installed in the next few days.

After seeing how the kids get in and out I was glad I ordered the sill plates and door edge guards specifically. And after driving through a lot of rain the last couple days I think the splash guards will be nice.

Hopefully after this the next few things will be more custom.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
And finally the door edge gaurds. Would prefer not to need them, but kids...

I've been debating on these. Wish they covered the entire door. I have a CWP too so I appreciate the pics.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've been debating on these. Wish they covered the entire door. I have a CWP too so I appreciate the pics.

I just wrote SOA an email on these Door Edge Guards yesterday.. If you open your front door past the 1/2 mark, they hit the wall. Aside from looking bad by only covering 7/8ths of the edge, they do not provide full protection.

I sent them a photo of it hitting the wall. They are passing the info on but that is all they have. They asked me to send in the invoice showing what I paid and will look into refunding me something.

·
Registered
566 Posts
norway;57 683 said:

I absolutely LOVE the door handle scratch protectors that you put on but didn't mention. Aside from the purpose they serve, I love how they look on the Pearl White. Matches the splash guards, roof rails, etc. They break up the "solid white canvas" look.

So glad someone mentioned them elsewhere on this forum. They went on - Day 1.

·
Registered
566 Posts

See my post above. They do not protect the front doors from hitting the wall if you open the door past the 1/2 mark. Doing so, the little hump above the door handle hits the wall.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
norway;57 683 said:

I absolutely LOVE the door handle scratch protectors that you put on but didn't mention. Aside from the purpose they serve, I love how they look on the Pearl White. Matches the splash guards, roof rails, etc. They break up the "solid white canvas" look.

So glad someone mentioned them elsewhere on this forum. They went on - Day 1.
Yes, so far really happy with them, will have to pop one or two off in a week or so to see how they are underneath.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes, so far really happy with them, will have to pop one or two off in a week or so to see how they are underneath.

They should be just fine. I had a magnetic logo type thing for a non-profit a little bit bigger than these and about the same thickness on the back of my Outback for 4 years. I pulled it off and just had to wash a dirty spot when I traded it for the Ascent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could you share a link for the door handle scratch protectors? I will get for 2016 Outback Touring & 2019 Ascent Touring.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts