Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received letter confirming that Subaru will now warranty the transmission 10/100000. Of course with some caveats that will apply to some who have already had a transmission replacement. Nice to see they are doing right by the customer.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just received letter confirming that Subaru will now warranty the transmission 10/100000. Of course with some caveats that will apply to some who have already had a transmission replacement. Nice to see they are doing right by the customer.
I have not received this letter. Is this for the standard warranty or just for those who purchased an extended warranty?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have not received this letter. Is this for the standard warranty or just for those who purchased an extended warranty?
I also got this letter, it's an extension of the standard transmission warranty.

Probably just for 2019 model year Ascent owners who may still be effected by the transmission harness problem.

Good for Subaru!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,987 Posts
The notification appears to have out to folks with vehicles that participated in the Chain Slip/Harness recall, if I'm remembering it's wording. I already put it away in my Ascent file and it's not nearby.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
I can't confirm anything, but based on my previous Subarus, this will cover every CVT, regardless of year. @Robert.Mauro thoughts?
Every CVT that the recall applied to. That means it does not cover CVTs of vehicles not in the recall group, nor CVTs replaced under the recall.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just received my CVT warranty extension letter and there's something in the wording I don't understand. The last sentence of the first paragraph starts, "The WUV-07 recall was completed on your vehicle prior to delivery to you, and the extension applies only if..."

What do they mean prior to delivery to me? It was completed on my vehicle after I had owned it for a number of months.

Is this the same wording in your letter?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just received my CVT warranty extension letter and there's something in the wording I don't understand. The last sentence of the first paragraph starts, "The WUV-07 recall was completed on your vehicle prior to delivery to you, and the extension applies only if..."

What do they mean prior to delivery to me? It was completed on my vehicle after I had owned it for a number of months.

Subaru took similar action in the past for other vehicles.

·
Registered
755 Posts
My CVT was replaced under warranty and so I don’t qualify for the extended warranty. I would be rather upset if I did not already have the extended warranty. OK I do feel a bit left out. You would think that they would want to take care of the folks that have been through the pain of a transmission failure.

·
Registered
228 Posts

Yes. I also don't understand the language. Unless by "delivery" they mean "given back to you."

I also note that this is very specifically "in the event of a chain slip." Still, I'm happy to have the extra 5 years. (Mileage will not be a limitation for me.)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My CVT was replaced under warranty and so I don’t qualify for the extended warranty. I would be rather upset if I did not already have the extended warranty. OK I do feel a bit left out. You would think that they would want to take care of the folks that have been through the pain of a transmission failure.
so out of curiosity, what would Subaru do if your existing transmission goes out within the first five years?

·
Registered
113 Posts
"Once the transmission assembly has been replaced - either as part of the original recall repair or under this extended warranty coverage-then this extended warranty no longer applies

The extended warranty coverage is not applicable in the case that the whole transmission assembly was replaced as part of the WUV-07 recall. ".

That sucks for me, that means I don't get the extended warranty because my transmission was already replaced.

But the silver lining, the 2019 Ascents have more value than the new model Ascents because everyone who has an Ascents affected by the recall is entitled to a second transmission! We get 2 transmissions for the price of 1! You just have to go through the agony of hoping SOA will approve the replacement.

·
Registered
497 Posts
But the silver lining, the 2019 Ascents have more value than the new model Ascents because everyone who has an Ascents affected by the recall is entitled to a second transmission! We get 2 transmissions for the price of 1! You just have to go through the agony of hoping SOA will approve the replacement.
its not entitled .. you have to have a problem prior to 100k .. it is no different if 2020 have problem prior to 60k

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
"Once the transmission assembly has been replaced - either as part of the original recall repair or under this extended warranty coverage-then this extended warranty no longer applies

The extended warranty coverage is not applicable in the case that the whole transmission assembly was replaced as part of the WUV-07 recall. ".

That sucks for me, that means I don't get the extended warranty because my transmission was already replaced.

If your transmission ever failed again within a reasonable timeframe and it was not due to anything you did, my guess is that Subaru might still cover it under a "hidden or secret warranty". This gives Subaru the opportunity of deciding whether to warranty a repair on a case by case basis rather than blanket coverage. Given Subaru's propensity to do the right thing and their good record on customer service, I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
858 Posts
First off, this extended warranty is a good thing for those of us that qualify. However, it's far from a complete solution, IMO. It only covers failure due to chain slip, which is fair, but then only the direct cost of transmission replacement. We are still left with the potential costs, inconvenience, lost time, lost opportunity and safety concerns for us or loved ones that a failure on the road would entail. So it's good but insufficient. I'd rather have a new harness.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
First off, this extended warranty is a good thing for those of us that qualify. However, it's far from a complete solution, IMO. It only covers failure due to chain slip, which is fair, but then only the direct cost of transmission replacement. We are still left with the potential costs, inconvenience, lost time, lost opportunity and safety concerns for us or loved ones that a failure on the road would entail. So it's good but insufficient. I'd rather have a new harness.
I already got a new harness and control body. I did not need a new cvt but I am eligible for the extended warranty.

As far as your other concerns, sorry, no guarantees in life...ever.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I use usps informed delivery and saw mail coming from Subaru. I’m curious if it’s the same letter. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but the mailman never showed up. Maybe Monday?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have a 2019 and got the recall done but nothing was replaced I have not received any letter :.(

1 - 20 of 61 Posts