Subaru Ascent Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2019 Forester Touring about 3 months ago and have had all of these issues. I just got off the phone with my local dealership and was told very similar things to other posts on this thread.
1. The torque lock engages and can cause a "tumbling" effect at the 20-30 mph range. This is done to save MPG and is normal.
2. The jump at the end of the car slowing down was not reproducible but was also considered "normal" operation.

There has to be some recourse as neither of these factors can be good for the car and are certainly not what i expect out of a brand new car. Does anyone here have official experience raising a complaint to Subaru?

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
I bought a 2019 Forester Touring about 3 months ago and have had all of these issues. I just got off the phone with my local dealership and was told very similar things to other posts on this thread.
1. The torque lock engages and can cause a "tumbling" effect at the 20-30 mph range. This is done to save MPG and is normal.
2. The jump at the end of the car slowing down was not reproducible but was also considered "normal" operation.

There has to be some recourse as neither of these factors can be good for the car and are certainly not what i expect out of a brand new car. Does anyone here have official experience raising a complaint to Subaru?
The torque converters have done this for ages. The only torque converter issue I am aware of is regarding a bad seal, which was redesigned years ago.

As for raising a complaint, or anything else, go to the contact page on Subaru.com and choose your method of communication (eg: email, phone, regular mail, etc)

81 - 82 of 82 Posts