Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime reader, first time poster. I’ve learned a lot from these forum threads about equipment, safety, and towing generally. I appreciate the thoughtful and levelheaded feedback.

I tow a travel trailer (within all applicable, manufacturer guidelines) and came across this product on the etrailer site:

I’m intrigued by the idea and wanted to get y’all’s thoughts. By my math, it leaves 10 inches or rear ground clearance and looks like a solution for improving ride quality. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

(One concession: it ain’t cheap).

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,900 Posts
Interesting...but it also weighs 38 pounds...which is a lot of weight. Keep in mind that your ball mount weight counts as cargo weight.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
69 Posts
MJF, just to let you know, I tried that hitch when I had my Ascent and it’s too heavy for it and it doesn’t tow any better then my standard hitch bar using Curt’s Rockerball. I ended up sending the Rebellion back to Amazon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think this Gen Y hitch is designed to serve a similar purpose at a slightly lower cost. This model also seems to be better suited to the towing capacity of the Ascent.

The best cushion trailer hitch

·
Registered
377 Posts
There was a thread on this in the last month. That hitch is for trailers that would be too heavy for the Ascent to tow and etrailer recommended this one for the Ascent. https://www.etrailer.com/p-CAB-UM.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.