Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed for the first time, I think I like the look against the CWP, definitely like the protection from finger nails. Will see how they hold up.

(I tried several searches and couldn't find the other thread where these were mentioned.)

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Installed for the first time, I think I like the look against the CWP, definitely like the protection from finger nails. Will see how they hold up.

(I tried several searches and couldn't find the other thread where these were mentioned.)
Did you get the flat black or the carbon fiber black ones?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Did you get the flat black or the carbon fiber black ones?
Carbon fiber, honestly didn't see flat black when I ordered them, saw them afterwards. I think/hope the texture will hide scratches and wear better.

·
Registered
583 Posts

Maybe we could get a few close up , detail pictures :)
Easy to install?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had mine on maybe 6 weeks now. They look great! Installing? I used my hair dryer for 30 seconds to heat it up, then place them where I wanted and smoothed them out to make them lay flat in the space. Took all of 10 minutes to do 4 of them. Simple and easy and hopefully less scratches.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Maybe we could get a few close up , detail pictures /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Easy to install?
I can take a close up tomorrow. As Janner said it is easy, make sure the surface is clean and dry, heat the magnet side for 30-40 seconds on hot, put on and smooth with your fingers to make it completely flat against the paint.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Where did you purchase these? I tried some regular 3M clear protectors on my Outback and they would never flatten out properly. I threw them away. Looks nice if you like the contrast.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts