Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have concerns with the cup holders in the Assent. Every time I turn a corner, my water bottle or coffe mug falls out of the holder. No little prongs in the holder to adapt for different size bottles. 1 have 17 useless cup holders In this car!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know it's been discussed. Outside of wobble noise (both Ascent and Crosstrek), no we haven't had a problem with the cup holders. No problems with large drinks from McDonalds/Chick Filter A. No issues with Yeti 20oz and 30 oz Tumblers or the skinnier Rambler 18 oz. I wish the side and main holders would hold bigger bottles like my old Xterra that could carry a 32 oz Wide mouth Nalgene bottle.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,877 Posts
Take a tour of the Interior discussion forum area here at the Ascent Forum where there are multiple threads and multiple solutions. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Anyone have concerns with the cup holders in the Assent. Every time I turn a corner, my water bottle or coffe mug falls out of the holder. No little prongs in the holder to adapt for different size bottles. 1 have 17 useless cup holders In this car!
Subaru has basically admitted their mistake and has a new insert that has to be installed. It's not yet available. If you need a decent solution right now, get the rubber Subaru "ashtray holder".

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent
1 Posts
My husband found this for a solution. It has worked for me (since yesterday) and water bottles and my monster can stay put even when I accelerate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts