Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Cup holders

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  joegeib 
#1 ·
Anyone have concerns with the cup holders in the Assent. Every time I turn a corner, my water bottle or coffe mug falls out of the holder. No little prongs in the holder to adapt for different size bottles. 1 have 17 useless cup holders In this car!

#2 ·
I know it's been discussed. Outside of wobble noise (both Ascent and Crosstrek), no we haven't had a problem with the cup holders. No problems with large drinks from McDonalds/Chick Filter A. No issues with Yeti 20oz and 30 oz Tumblers or the skinnier Rambler 18 oz. I wish the side and main holders would hold bigger bottles like my old Xterra that could carry a 32 oz Wide mouth Nalgene bottle.

#3 ·
Take a tour of the Interior discussion forum area here at the Ascent Forum where there are multiple threads and multiple solutions. :)

#5 ·
Subaru has basically admitted their mistake and has a new insert that has to be installed. It's not yet available. If you need a decent solution right now, get the rubber Subaru "ashtray holder".

#7 ·
I recently did this for the large 32oz bottles the family has. It is an offset adaptor that fits well in the upper door cupholders.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.