Subaru Ascent Forum banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Got mine today. Quick 5 minute install... no issues. FYI the Inner Diameter of the new cup holder is narrower than the original one so if you had a cup that fit snugly before, it might not do so well in this one (or at least it won’t sit all the way down into the bottom). The rubber nubbins do do a better job of keeping things from rattling around in there though, no question.
It could be 1/16" narrower, IMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this part shipping yet? I forget if availability was March, April or May? Any availability delay issues?
I made a small insert because all the Subaru ones stopped shipping.

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
I got mine, and did a video on how to install it. No need to take apart the center console.
Part Number J131SXC100.

• If you don't have the accent lighting, it's really easy (we show you how at the 3m5s mark)
  • If you DO have the cupholder accent lighting, it's the tiniest bit more difficult: there's a few steps involved, which we show you in the video. Start at the beginning.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I called my local dealer on Monday and they had it by Wednesday It was $18 plus tax which was better than paying for shipping. The old rubber mat was really suctioned down with coffee that got under but not the worst to remove. I used an iphone screen suction cup and a pry tool to get the plastic cup up. I'm glad that it is a sealed unit now because I definitely have dry coffee inside my center console.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's enough play around the top of the liner to route a cable around it if you so choose. Handy to tuck your phone charge cable out of the way.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There's enough play around the top of the liner to route a cable around it if you so choose. Handy to tuck your phone charge cable out of the way.
Thanks for the tip,gonna pick up something similar to these.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I finally got around to ordering my cup holder insert today from RK Subaru in Va Beach. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from them saying they had it on hand already. All I need to do is go pick it up. $14.27 out the door!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered mine last week and picked it up today. $18.00 and with a $10 parts coupon it only cost me $8 plus good old NJ tax. Goes in tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered mine at Hadwin-White Subaru online for $21.84 including shipping to California. Best price I could find. It was cheaper locally but didn't want to drive 30-40mins. I had previously jerry rigged one out of bent cardboard which worked well enough. Good to know there were leak issues with the existing one which I would not have expected.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited
14 Posts
Here's a interesting note.. While at the local dealership today,. I noticed that 3 out of 4 new 2020 Ascents (limited and touring) had the new enhanced cup holder inserts installed. The last 5 #'s of Vin 7xxxx had them installed and the one with Vin 6xxxx did not. No addition $$ that I saw on the sticker.. Did the production line make a change?? Maybe Robert and others have made a impact... Thanks again Robert!!

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
Here's a interesting note.. While at the local dealership today,. I noticed that 3 out of 4 new 2020 Ascents (limited and touring) had the new enhanced cup holder inserts installed. The last 5 #'s of Vin 7xxxx had them installed and the one with Vin 6xxxx did not. No addition $$ that I saw on the sticker.. Did the production line make a change?? Maybe Robert and others have made a impact... Thanks again Robert!!
Minor accessories aren't always listed on the window sticker, but, with enough feedback, will be ordered. More major ones make the sticker, for instance, most of the 2020 Outbacks at my dealership came with wireless charging, even though it was an accessory, and it was listed on the sticker. Various high demand common accessories will come on a preconfigured car that Subaru sends out for dealer stock.

The full order sheet should usually have everything though.

And, thanks to all of you who also reached out to SoA. Though I know they read my stuff, it's just as important, or more important, that they hear from all of you as well. So, yay, to team effort!!!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
211 Posts
I got mine, and did a video on how to install it. No need to take apart the center console.
Part Number J131SXC100.

• If you don't have the accent lighting, it's really easy (we show you how at the 3m5s mark)
  • If you DO have the cupholder accent lighting, it's the tiniest bit more difficult: there's a few steps involved, which we show you in the video. Start at the beginning.
Robert, re removing the rubber furniture bumper or other stubborn stick-ons. To not damage any surface ever, use waxed dental floss. Tear off a piece long enough to get a few wraps around your fingers, loop the floss under the edge of the stick-on and "saw" back and forth to separate the tape from the surface. Comes in really handy to remove old stick-ons from painted surfaces, think de-badging the body. It's kind of the miniature version of how we used to use piano wire wrapped around dowels to remove a windshield.

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
Robert, re removing the rubber furniture bumper or other stubborn stick-ons. To not damage any surface ever, use waxed dental floss. Tear off a piece long enough to get a few wraps around your fingers, loop the floss under the edge of the stick-on and "saw" back and forth to separate the tape from the surface. Comes in really handy to remove old stick-ons from painted surfaces, think de-badging the body. It's kind of the miniature version of how we used to use piano wire wrapped around dowels to remove a windshield.
Oh, wow, brilliant! I'd never have made the connection, and, I've done quite a few windshields. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
211 Posts
Oh, wow, brilliant! I'd never have made the connection, and, I've done quite a few windshields. Thanks!
You're welcome. Removing windshields was always the most heart-stopping work on my budget flips. All the 70's GM muscle cars were notorious for the cowl under the windshield rotting out and the interior getting flooded every rain. Windshield had to come out to weld in a new cowl. Never had to pay for a new windshield but came close a few times!

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
You're welcome. Removing windshields was always the most heart-stopping work on my budget flips. All the 70's GM muscle cars were notorious for the cowl under the windshield rotting out and the interior getting flooded every rain. Windshield had to come out to weld in a new cowl. Never had to pay for a new windshield but came close a few times!
LOL... 60's too. I did windshields on my 63 and 65... and my 76 Nova.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
And how far does it stick up? It looks like a good amount in some of the pics, but I also know pictures can be deceiving when it comes to scale.
I’ve heard a number of “about ½ inch” referencing how far the insert sticks up. Has anyone else actually measured? I measured mine at almost 19/32” — not a huge difference but noticeable more than just ½”
BBF3603D-A005-454C-B06A-6B363E7B5BB5.jpeg

121 - 140 of 143 Posts