Subaru Ascent Forum banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wish I would have seen these easy removal methods a little sooner. Just spent the last hour removing and reinstalling the center console. At least I got to clean under it. And it does appear to be a sealed unit. View attachment 4193 View attachment 4194
Wish I would have seen these easy removal methods a little sooner. Just spent the last hour removing and reinstalling the center console. At least I got to clean under it. And it does appear to be a sealed unit. View attachment 4193 View attachment 4194
I received mine last week. Did you receive a new rubber insert for the bottom? I did not and the old one covers up the lighting.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I received mine last week. Did you receive a new rubber insert for the bottom? I did not and the old one covers up the lighting.
I just got mine yesterday and installed it with a pry tool and a house key to get the clear plastic bit out. The rubber insert is built in to the new cupholder as a unit.

So far I think think the new design is an improvement, but it's still a bit awkward.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It’s built in on the one I got.. don’t think it can be separated...
Thanks all. I just emailed the dealer that I bought it from, letting them know mine did not include that.

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
So, emailed the dealer back. They said that some of the ones they received had the insert and some didn't. They are sending out a new one...now to get this one out of my car.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
So, emailed the dealer back. They said that some of the ones they received had the insert and some didn't. They are sending out a new one...now to get this one out of my car.
Wondering if they fell out of the box along the way. Mine came with a shipping label on it, and nothing taping the box closed. Or forgotten at the factory? Or they got a bad batch? I hope they report it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wondering if they fell out of the box along the way. Mine came with a shipping label on it, and nothing taping the box closed. Or forgotten at the factory? Or they got a bad batch? I hope they report it.
1st time i try to order a was told if was on hold due to quality control .. now i wonder if it really was ..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Got mine today. Quick 5 minute install... no issues. FYI the Inner Diameter of the new cup holder is narrower than the original one so if you had a cup that fit snugly before, it might not do so well in this one (or at least it won’t sit all the way down into the bottom). The rubber nubbins do do a better job of keeping things from rattling around in there though, no question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has Anyone found a dealer offering at a reasonable price? I find $25-30 by time you add tax and shipping. I cannot justify that price for the results.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got mine today. Quick 5 minute install... no issues. FYI the Inner Diameter of the new cup holder is narrower than the original one so if you had a cup that fit snugly before, it might not do so well in this one (or at least it won’t sit all the way down into the bottom). The rubber nubbins do do a better job of keeping things from rattling around in there though, no question.
Yea, they totally overcompensated. All they had to do was add the nubs. Instead they shrunk the diameter, added height, and added nubs.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yea, they totally overcompensated. All they had to do was add the nubs. Instead they shrunk the diameter, added height, and added nubs.
Lol, overcompensate is good. My cup and drink containers fits better now. I usually store 12-16oz cup or can drinks in there

101 - 120 of 143 Posts