Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The adaptive cruise control gives an annoying alert every time it locks onto a car, loses a car, or locks onto a new car. Is there any way to turn off or turn down that alert? It makes me not want to use ACC at all.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,439 Posts
Haha. My fiancée hates that, but I like it. I just have the beep volume down low via the menu button on the bottom left of the steering wheel

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Check the Eyesight Manual in the attached post...

The adaptive cruise control gives an annoying alert every time it locks onto a car, loses a car, or locks onto a new car. Is there any way to turn off or turn down that alert? It makes me not want to use ACC at all.

Thanks!
You can turn it off, or change the volume, all through the settings. This is outlined in the Eyesight manuals, which you can find at the bottom of this post:
https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...lane-keep-assist-adaptive-cruise-control.html

Regardless, I find the chimes indispensable so that I know it's found a new car and that I won't go barreling into it thinking the car sees the vehicle in front of me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yup. I had the chimes on my Outback. The ones on the Ascent are quieter and don’t bother me at all. I like that it tells me when it sees the car in front and when it doesn’t. That greatly helps to improve driver involvement when using ACC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can turn it off, or change the volume, all through the settings. This is outlined in the Eyesight manuals, which you can find at the bottom of this post:
https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...lane-keep-assist-adaptive-cruise-control.html

Regardless, I find the chimes indispensable so that I know it's found a new car and that I won't go barreling into it thinking the car sees the vehicle in front of me.
Old thread but by changing the volume on eye sight does it change it for all other features as well lane departure etc?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I turned the eyesight beep off completely but the lane thing still beeps, if that’s what you are asking. I have that low volume but it’s probably next to go since the little lights at the bottom of the dash are sufficient for me.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Old thread but by changing the volume on eye sight does it change it for all other features as well lane departure etc?
Yes, there is 1 volume control setting for all Eyesight beeps under Change Settings in the Combination Meter at the the center of the instrument cluster.

You can only disable the ACC Lead Vehicle Acquisition beep.

civdiv99 - You can't disable the Lane Departure Warning beep.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, there is 1 volume control setting for all Eyesight beeps under Change Settings in the Combination Meter at the the center of the instrument cluster.

You can only disable the ACC Lead Vehicle Acquisition beep.

civdiv99 - You can't disable the Lane Departure Warning beep.

Ok, I hadn’t tried yet. Bummer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts