Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I have been looking forward to TFL slip testing a Subaru, but was pretty disappointed when I watched this video a couple of days ago. The Camry and Pacifica did better.

I had the same questions, why and what would my Ascent do?

·
Administrator
775 Posts
Even more sad when the Crosstrek has a LSD....

That video was not comforting. Will be interested to know if SOA reached out to them... With more than an "all systems nominal" statement.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,156 Posts
The Outback they've tested previously performed a lot better. The Crosstrek's performance is certainly curious.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
I'm thoroughly baffled by the Crosstrek performance. They're generally easily as capable. But, this does show a place where the Subaru system really shines - when power is needed at one rear wheel.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nothing like a reviewer barely pressing the gas at all. Takes some spin to recognize the need to stop it and put other wheels to work. I do not trust reviewer videos that don't show the inside view when they do the outside view.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just to clarifiy, the new Crosstrek (and all other recent Subarus except for BRZ and STI) have open diffs. The manual transmission Crosstrek has the viscous center differential, but open front and rear diffs. The WRX hasn't even had a LSD rear diff since 2007 unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts