Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We negotiated crossbars in our purchase and the dealer installed them. Went to put my Thule bike rack on today in preparation for vacation and discovered the bars were really far apart. So much so the rack I had couldn’t extend far enough to make the span. The rack was for my old car so I assumed I needed to get a new one. Found a dealer that had one. Rushed out to get it. While I did get this one on it’s still pushing the limits of the span between bars. I assumed the dealer installed them correctly, but now I’m definitely questioning that and very annoyed I may have bought a new rack when I should’ve just adjusted the crossbars. Does anyone know what the proper span should be for the factory install?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
36 Posts
OEM cross bars? From what I’ve seen, there is no required distance between bars. I checked for any requirement, bc I just got a Thule force xt xl cargo box.

I’ve had Thule aeroblade bars on my Audi and those has a requiredspacing between bars.

AFAIK the OEM Thule do not, you should be able to adjust and move closer to accommodate your existing rack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OEM cross bars? From what I’ve seen, there is no required distance between bars. I checked for any requirement, bc I just got a Thule force xt xl cargo box.

I’ve had Thule aeroblade bars on my Audi and those has a requiredspacing between bars.

AFAIK the OEM Thule do not, you should be able to adjust and move closer to accommodate your existing rack.

Yes OEM Thule. Thanks. After buying the new bike rack I found the screw to adjust them just didn’t know if they were already where they should be.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also got them from the dealer, installed with a roof box. They said they put them where the recommended for the box (to get as much light as possible through the moonroof) but they could be moved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed my roof bars myself and spaced them how I liked them to be. I'm sure you can adjust your bar spacing to suit your needs. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts