Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a sturdy and well fitting seat cover for the heated Ivory leather seats in my Ascent Limited. After researching seat covers, I contacted Decor Auto....they had excellent reviews.... and asked them about their Neoprene vs Neosupreme covers, as the fit of those fabrics looked really good.

I asked which was more breathable, which was thinner, and which would be better to use on heated seats. Did not get a particularly useful answer. Just that Neoprene was thinner, but had an odor at first. And that Neosupreme was thicker because of a foam layer, but was more breathable. I asked what they would recommend in that application, and the answer was that both would be great. I also want the seat heaters to remain functional and not be damaged by the cover.

So I'm asking forum members what their experience is with those fabrics, and their use on heated, leather seats. Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I’m about to order Wet Okele seat covers for the 2nd row of my truck. AFAIK they are compatible with seat heaters. And they are also a neoprene scuba suit type material. I’m actually waiting for them to come out with covers for the Ascent.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wear a diving suit and I can tell you for sure that the material is very insulating. Probably not a good thing if you are trying to get heat from the seat to your arse.

I bought these and they work and look great. There are a couple styles, I bought the diamond ones.
seat covers

I really like that they just cover the seat, not the seat back, since that's all I need to really protect anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts