Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you negotiated your price (not VIP program) can you use the ambassador and loyalty coupon together? Is there a reason the dealer should not honor them both? TIA!

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you negotiated your price (not VIP program) can you use the ambassador and loyalty coupon together? Is there a reason the dealer should not honor them both? TIA!
I was told by SOA that you could only use one.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/quote]

I was told by SOA that you could only use one.[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard that, but seen where others was successful in using both. So confusing.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Both coupons say they can be used in addition to anything else. It comes out of Subaru's pocket, not the dealers.

I read elsewhere on this forum (of the Facebook Forum) where someone had the same problem and wrote to Subaru afterwards and got reimbursed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I successfully used the ambassador coupon alongside a $750 loyalty coupon. I got a call the next day saying it couldn’t be honored after all. I called and gave a little push-back that the loyalty says specifically that it can combine with any other offer, which should disqualify it from affecting coupons that can’t be combined with other offers. Long story short, the finance officer was able to get Subaru to approve it.

·
Registered
494 Posts

Try to work it out with the dealer. The loyalty coupon says it can be combined with any offer but the ambassador says the opposite, "cannot be combined with other coupons". The dealer I went through was nice enough to honor both after reviewing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don’t mean to hijack your thread, but while we’re here could someone answer my question in the same vein: can VIP pricing (invoice -2%) be combined with a $500 Loyalty Coupon?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don’t mean to hijack your thread, but while we’re here could someone answer my question in the same vein: can VIP pricing (invoice -2%) be combined with a $500 Loyalty Coupon?
Your fine! Maybe a dealer salesperson could answer both our questions! Haha!
My loyalty coupon says can be combined with any other offers so I would think it can be used reguardless. You should be good. The ambassador coupon says can’t be used with VIP pricing or with other coupons except Subaru incentives. So they kind of conflict each other. I’m really hoping I can use both. I will update once we pick ours up, however that’s September unless something changes! ?

Try to work it out with the dealer. The loyalty coupon says it can be combined with any offer but the ambassador says the opposite, "cannot be combined with other coupons". The dealer I went through was nice enough to honor both after reviewing.
That’s awesome! I will definitely try to work it out with them! They have been so great so far in this process! I’m glad you got to use both! That gives me hope!

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are interested in Ascent and it would be our first Subaru. No great savings discount available on Ascent... every bit counts.
I am wondering if I can sign up on LeaveNoTrace to avail VIP program for savings. Any other suggestions on getting VIP coupon?

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Sadly, no.

Sadly, absolutely not. It's on the bottom of the Ambassador coupon.

That's in addition to any other specials and incentives from your Subaru retailer through (one year from issuance).
Negotiate your best deal and then present this coupon to your Subaru retailer to receive $500 off the purchase of a new Subaru vehicle. Offer valid now through Tuesday, February 26, 2019, and you must take delivery from retailer stock during that time. Excludes prior sales. Participating retailer sets actual price. Not valid in the state of Hawaii or for residents of Canada. Offer available on all new, untitled Subaru vehicles only. Employees of Subaru of America, Inc., its independent distributors, franchised retailers and affiliates are not eligible for this offer. The $500 coupon must initially be used at the time of purchase at the Subaru retailer where the vehicle was leased or purchased. One coupon per vehicle purchase. Cannot be combined with other coupons or direct mail offers except for currently published incentives. Cannot be redeemed as an incentive in the Subaru VIP Program. Coupon will not be honored if the name you provide does not match the name on coupon recipient's driver's license. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash.

·
Registered
583 Posts
We are interested in Ascent and it would be our first Subaru. No great savings discount available on Ascent... every bit counts.
I am wondering if I can sign up on LeaveNoTrace to avail VIP program for savings. Any other suggestions on getting VIP coupon?
Check PM

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wait so an Ambassador coupon will always take an extra $500 off, after the negotiated price? I take it Subaru reimburses the dealership or something similar.

I haven't bought my Ascent yet as it's still "in transit" but this is interesting to learn.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Wait so an Ambassador coupon will always take an extra $500 off, after the negotiated price? I take it Subaru reimburses the dealership or something similar.

I haven't bought my Ascent yet as it's still "in transit" but this is interesting to learn.

With the caveats I mentioned, yes, it's processed as a rebate, and they get the money back. One needs to meet an Ambassador, and hope they have coupons and hope they're willing to give them out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I successfully used the ambassador coupon alongside a $750 loyalty coupon. I got a call the next day saying it couldn’t be honored after all. I called and gave a little push-back that the loyalty says specifically that it can combine with any other offer, which should disqualify it from affecting coupons that can’t be combined with other offers. Long story short, the finance officer was able to get Subaru to approve it.
Follow-up. Dealer called today and wants me to come in and resign, because Subaru said no. Called SOA to complain and waiting to hear resolution.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With the caveats I mentioned, yes, it's processed as a rebate, and they get the money back. One needs to meet an Ambassador, and hope they have coupons and hope they're willing to give them out.
I am interested in receiving one of those coveted Ambassador coupons...is there any way I can possibly meet an Ambassador locally in Southern California?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Follow-up. Dealer called today and wants me to come in and resign, because Subaru said no. Called SOA to complain and waiting to hear resolution.
Wow that’s crazy! I would have thought since the loyalty plainly says it can be used with other coupons, that would negate the ambassador to be able to use it.

Not to be mean, but if the dealer accepted it and you signed seems like you could make the dealer stick to the already signed contract and they take the loss for saying you could use both.

Please let us know what SOA says!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am definitely interested in this as well! My wife and I ordered our Ascent last week and I was able to find an Ambassador to share a coupon with us. I also reached out to SOA regarding the Owner Loyalty Program. Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow that’s crazy! I would have thought since the loyalty plainly says it can be used with other coupons, that would negate the ambassador to be able to use it.

Not to be mean, but if the dealer accepted it and you signed seems like you could make the dealer stick to the already signed contract and they take the loss for saying you could use both.

Yeah pretty crazy. SOA says they'll call by Wednesday. I briefly thought the same thing about having already signed, but I remember they had us sign an addendum in case this happened.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yeah pretty crazy. SOA says they'll call by Wednesday. I briefly thought the same thing about having already signed, but I remember they had us sign an addendum in case this happened.
Oh that sucks! I hope SOA will honor it for you! They seem to be working with everyone right now for a positive outcome. Says a lot about the brand!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Folks, I recently found a PM from a forum member requesting an Ambassador Coupon. Please do not approach an Ambassador requesting a coupon on this or any other forum. The Subaru Ambassador Administration has made it quite clear that ambassadors are not to dispense coupons through forums and doing so could lead to dismissal from the ambassador program. The thread in the Subaru Outback forum with nearly 300 pages of requests brought this to a head last winter prompting the Subaru Ambassador Administration to issue this policy. Thanks for you cooperation and understanding.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts