Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
Wow, that is very, very good. Where did you get that info? Do you have a link?
I think it was Dominick Infante who said it in an interview you can find on YouTube. If I find it again, I'll re-share it. I shared it here or on FB a couple months ago.

Then there's these:
7.3 seconds no towing:
Exclusive 2019 Subaru Ascent Prototype First Drive: Biggest Subie Ever - Motor Trend

7.5 (no towing) and 9.8 seconds (5,000 pounds):
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/29/2019-subaru-ascent-deep-dive-15-fast-facts/

·
Registered
51 Posts
I remember when a 7.3 0-60 was pretty fast. Not anymore. That said, my 3.6 outback is rated around the same speed but it feels faster than that. I think that while it is not that hot off the line, from 30-60 MPH it has good power when passing. I think the torque curve on the opposed cylinder design and the CVT must support normal driving conditions better than traditional motors. I can haul ass up I-70 over the mountain passes. Looking forward to the turbo performance.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The narrator of the second video plugging for Boise Subaru said they would have them in June. Makes me kind of giddy to think they could be closer than July! Hope springs eternal....
I think that is just wishful thinking. Unless they have some updated news at the National Dealer Conference where that footage was filmed. All my ETA's still show July as the earliest. There are a fleet of Corporate Ascents that are due to arrive early May, but those are definitely not for customer test drives like a few people seem to be led to believe.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think that is just wishful thinking. Unless they have some updated news at the National Dealer Conference where that footage was filmed. All my ETA's still show July as the earliest. There are a fleet of Corporate Ascents that are due to arrive early May, but those are definitely not for customer test drives like a few people seem to be led to believe.
What fleet where!?!? I really am not too worried about the actual drive (totally weird to say considering I’ve never driven or owned a Subaru before- it will matter but I guess I have faith that it will be as good or better than the competition we have tested) but I look forward to seeing one in person and sitting in the danged thing with the husband and kids!
Will all dealerships get one to see, touch and sit in before June? Planning to sell my husband’s vehicle for it so it would be best if we were at least 85% sure we love it before we put that on the market. LOL

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Ascent in the video is a Touring. Note the mirrors and door handles. Sorry to disappoint.
Indeed, well spotted!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Another new video.

https://youtu.be/NU0RHMKZnNI

Wish I could drive one, wonder where this event is. They aren’t being easy on them either but it looks like the new engine has good power! That is definitely a concern of mine at this point.

so we know that it has some good low end power that is nice, for a big vehicle it had some get up and go!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
Looks like Camden, NJ
Yep, exactly where it is. There's another vid just like this shot by another dealership. One of them has the location mentioned.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
The links worked for me. I wish the guys doing the trailer sway demo would have shown the black interior. Thanks for sharing!
After scouring the vast information on Facebook of all places, I did stumble upon a photo of a black interiored Limited.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yep, exactly where it is. There's another vid just like this shot by another dealership. One of them has the location mentioned.
Any chance of a link? I wish they would just get someone with a good camera in there to record and put it online.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Just go on facebook and search Subaru ascent and select See All on the public posts. Then filter the posts to just April of 2018. Then I sifted through from there.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.