Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend, I ordered a new 2020 Subaru Ascent using the Costco Auto Program pricing. I ordered the Touring trim in Magnetite Gray with a few add-ons (splash guards, edge guards, side molding, and rear tray). With the Costco price, I bought the car for invoice minus 2.3%. Later, as a Costco "executive" member, I'll receive a coupon for 50% accessories (up to $200 off); I'll order all-weather floor mats and a few other items.

I know that "no haggle" is kind of cliche, but that describes my experience! I filled-out a form on Costco's website, the salesperson at the Costco program dealership sent me an email the next day, and we emailed/texted to schedule a test drive. There was no pressure at all...no negotiation, no deadline, no walking away from the lot. I was focused on choosing the vehicle, trim line, and color I preferred. I returned for a second test drive a few weeks later. My interaction with the salesperson avoided the typical negotiation posturing. I knew the prices and didn't need to play games or wait for the manager's "approval".

I admit...I'm a Costco fan! I used their program for a home mortgage (saved over $1000 in fees), I bought great carpet, and I save $120 annually for a prescription medicine. We also buy steaks, dog treats, and wine. So far, the Costco Auto Program has met my expectations.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
While I didn't do the Costco process for my Ascent, I share the sentiment about the business...top notch...and our Executive Membership pays for itself. Meat, fish, paper products, some household items, the jeans I'm wearing and Michelin tires...a new set this past weekend went on my spouse's MY16 Outback Limited with Eyesight.

I also honestly like the "no haggle" process and used it this time around with VIP and a loyalty rebate. It cuts down the stress and angst that comes with the search for "the best deal", which all too often is only a minor difference measured in the low hundreds rather than thousands. Not. Worth. It. To. Me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I checked the Costco program when I was buying but they didn't have the Ascent as an option when I ordered last fall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did your final price end up at if you don’t mind me asking?
When is your anticipated delivery date for the 2020?
Thank you!
This weekend, I ordered a new 2020 Subaru Ascent using the Costco Auto Program pricing. I ordered the Touring trim in Magnetite Gray with a few add-ons (splash guards, edge guards, side molding, and rear tray). With the Costco price, I bought the car for invoice minus 2.3%. Later, as a Costco "executive" member, I'll receive a coupon for 50% accessories (up to $200 off); I'll order all-weather floor mats and a few other items.

I know that "no haggle" is kind of cliche, but that describes my experience! I filled-out a form on Costco's website, the salesperson at the Costco program dealership sent me an email the next day, and we emailed/texted to schedule a test drive. There was no pressure at all...no negotiation, no deadline, no walking away from the lot. I was focused on choosing the vehicle, trim line, and color I preferred. I returned for a second test drive a few weeks later. My interaction with the salesperson avoided the typical negotiation posturing. I knew the prices and didn't need to play games or wait for the manager's "approval".

I admit...I'm a Costco fan! I used their program for a home mortgage (saved over $1000 in fees), I bought great carpet, and I save $120 annually for a prescription medicine. We also buy steaks, dog treats, and wine. So far, the Costco Auto Program has met my expectations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did your final price end up at if you don’t mind me asking?
When is your anticipated delivery date for the 2020?
Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$42,400 with delivery, plus and registration. Costco prices cars with delivery included.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My order was June 2, and the expected delivery date is “August” or “late August”...Subaru has sent both estimates.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I asked about Costco pricing at my dealership and they said their price is $600 over invoice. Maybe I should come to where you are and order my 2020 ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just tried my Costco in Northern CA and got the following:

The vehicle you selected does not currently feature prearranged pricing.

However, we are currently working with our local dealer to secure pricing for the 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited. Prearranging low pricing for you is our top priority, and while it could be available soon, we cannot estimate exactly when.
David, do you mind sharing which Costco and which dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,111 Posts
*Good program, but if you are a savy auto buyer, you can do better.
My dealer was a participant in the program but told me they'd do better if I let them skip the program. They did better by almost $1k.

As far as accessories, I shopped online and saved more than the $200 coupon was worth at the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts