Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of CPO Ascents in my area that show up as "corporate fleet" on carfax. My initial guess is they're dealer loaners, but I'm sure it could be anything. I'd expect most corporate fleet vehicles to be Ford or something else with a large market share. Is there another big picture possibility I'm missing? Or anything is possible?

One example:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
A corporate fleet does not need to be a loaner. There is a post from Robert Mauro on this forum of a corporate fleet Ascent vehicle already having very high mileage with few repairs (maintanance & recalls only). You can inquire further on the details of the corporate fleet status from the seller and research the documentation for that history.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info here, thanks. In NJ I see this a lot along with "personal lease" and "rental", so I think the terms are semi-well defined here but I guess the reality is that anything's possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good info here, thanks. In NJ I see this a lot along with "personal lease" and "rental", so I think the terms are semi-well defined here but I guess the reality is that anything's possible.
I was always under the impression corporate fleet vehicles were autos used by executives that worked for the manufacturer and got a car as part of their executive perks. Since SOA is located in NJ, possible more of these cars show up in NJ than other states. Another possibility, a corporate fleet vehicle used by say a sales person in the pharmaceutical industry will likely have had oil changes etc done at places like Firestone or Goodyear vs the dealer. In this case, there are prearranged service agreements the fleet operator has with the large auto service chains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was always under the impression corporate fleet vehicles were autos used by executives that worked for the manufacturer and got a car as part of their executive perks. Since SOA is located in NJ, possible more of these cars show up in NJ than other states. Another possibility, a corporate fleet vehicle used by say a sales person in the pharmaceutical industry will likely have had oil changes etc done at places like Firestone or Goodyear vs the dealer. In this case, there are prearranged service agreements the fleet operator has with the large auto service chains.
So if you see oil changes on the CarFax that were done at a national chain, it may be an indicator of what type of fleet use the vehicle had.

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Pretty sure they don't get fleet vehicles at SoA - which actually makes their parking lot a really nice place to drive through. The ridiculous number of different model and year Subies is staggering. They (the employees) have got some amazing cars!!!

But, dealerships have loaner car fleets, and many Subarus get donated to or bought by various organizations for their fleets - for instance, Meals on Wheels drives a LOT of Subarus, in no small part due to Subaru's donations of many cars to them. National Grid near me loves the Crosstrek - which makes sense - not massive, decent cargo configuration, and can get them out there in virtually any weather while not burning a ton of fuel.

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Funny side story... during our Make-A-Wish Charity Drive, I parked waaaaay away from everyone in the lot (I beat most of Subaru's employees in), and started photographing the cars, and helping set up the rally car. I turn around to head back to my car, and find a Subaru employee who also owned an Ascent had found my car and decided to park next to it. And then, a little later, a third.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Corporate fleet vehicles are used by corporate dealer reps for field work, demonstrations at events or car review sites to name a few. They are also used by corporate employees and may also be loaned out to dealers. The mileage is usually high and the maintenance is usually completed at a Subaru dealer. Keep in mind, these cars are not babied and are usually titled through their captive finance arm. Some commercial accounts may also receive fleet vehicles based on their relationship but most dealers will use a different designation as it can impact the dealer credit lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts