Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know the parts number of the OEM coolant for the Ascent? Does Subaru have different kinds of coolant for different models or just one?
Thanks! And Happy Holidays

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Working on getting an answer. One search tool says it uses an older coolant, which I don't think is correct.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Hi @nextmoon the part number you want is: soa868v9270 - Subaru Super Coolant Premixed Blue

Subaru Parts for You sells it, but, they prefer pick-up. They said a container or two might make it through, but UPS has damaged some larger shipments, so, if you're just looking for some to top off, then I'd order from them. If you need 5 containers, I'd do local pickup (they're in Connecticut, if that's near you).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi @nextmoon the part number you want is: soa868v9270 - Subaru Super Coolant Premixed Blue

Subaru Parts for You sells it, but, they prefer pick-up. They said a container or two might make it through, but UPS has damaged some larger shipments, so, if you're just looking for some to top off, then I'd order from them. If you need 5 containers, I'd do local pickup (they're in Connecticut, if that's near you).

Thanks a bunch Robert! I was going back and forth between the 9270 and 9210, Now I can purchase confidently.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
And, don't forget to try @SubaruOnlineParts.com and @Liberty Subaru who may be shipping for those not in Connecticut. For those on Long Island, SOP is right here. For those in Northern NJ, that's where Liberty is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@nextmoon - As I wrote in this thread: What coolant does the Ascent use , I took the chance and got mine from Amazon.
I would just double check the ones from Amazon your receive to make sure it matches the part number from Robert before pouring anything of it in. It seems from the reviews that some buyers are not getting what's advertised and one fella getting a 9270 and a 9210 when he ordered 2 of the same. Happy holidays

·
Registered
771 Posts
^ Correct. I definitely would double-check as well. :)

When we stepped into the 2009s from our first two Subarus in 2005, that was the first time we had to worry about the coolant incompatibility issues. From then-on, until I left my (beloved) 2005 Legacy 2.5GT, we had the two-types thing going. But with just me maintaining our vehicles (my now almost-ready-to-drive daughter was only a toddler at that point), I didn't have much to worry about.

As I noted in the referenced thread, I decided to take the chance, and did get lucky. ;)

But what I left out of the thread was that when I picked up our '19s (my Ascent and my wife's WRX), I also picked up another gallon of the blue Super from our dealership....I just tucked it away in a spot in our garage that I didn't see it right-off, when I'd ordered the new off Amazon.

I was mildly (un)amused to find that bottle when I went to stash the new arrival. 😅

-----

I'd been leery of getting liquids from Amazon, but I've had really good luck with them over the last two years. Everything from 5-quart jugs of motor oil to one-gallon jugs of peanut oil (for frying) to cases of my favorite energy drinks (NOS!!!!!), no mess, no leaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts