Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I did not see any similar thread's here.

I am trying to find after market Accessories which either fits perfectly or need small workaround.

Things am trying to find -
Wireless Charging Pad (which can hide away in center console or some where accessible to driver)
Phone Mount (not on Windshield)
Rare seat Tab Mounts.
Key Fob Cover (Different Colors)
Emergency car kit. (Air Inflator, Hazard Sign, Band-Aids ...Etc)

Any more to this list?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check AliExpress. They have an insane number of accessories that we don’t not retail in the USA. And no, they won’t have anything really for the ascent. Why? Because this car doesn’t exist in Japan. People still hoping for Sti/jdm/spc support...keep dreaming. Not unless the other models have the same engine, then maybe those interchangeable parts could be used. But you will offline anything specific. So you should find all you need and tons more there. You can also try Banggood.com. They have a lot of accessories as well.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,527 Posts
Almost everything on your list has been covered here, although not likely in a single thread.

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
The phone does partially block the vent however, there is about 2 inches of space behind the phone for the heated or cooled air to come out so it flows around the phone. I haven't noticed my iPhone Xr getting any warmer than when it's in my pocket.

I have a fairly thick OtterBox case and my phone charges just as fast in the car as when it is on the charging pad I have at home.

This phone holder uses a rubber gripper and not clips to attach to the vent and it's very secure but easy to remove. It uses the weight of the phone to grab and hold it so it only takes one hand, just drop the phone in the holder and lift the phone up to remove it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
@GaryInMI do you use CarPlay or android auto? I’m curious how the wireless charging behaves when also plugged in.
This phone holder/charger works well for me because I don't use Carplay. I have onboard Nav and suck my music out of the sky with the radio, so I don't need to have the phone tethered to the car for anything other than charging. I use Siri all the time for hands free calling and texting over Bluetooth.

I doubt if the wireless charging would work if your phone was also plugged in but I guess you could just use it for a phone holder since the USB cable is removable.

I know most people use Carplay or Android Auto so I'm probably in the minority of people who don't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
costco has the first aid kit youre talking about for 40ish. comes with basic stuff but included an air compressor which is why i picked it up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you post link to it?
Can't find it off their website so it might be in store only. This is the kit I got though

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Any one tried opening center console, to install Aftermarket Wireless charger
I imagine it wouldn’t be hard to put a wireless charger in that cubby above the front USB plugs. The bottom of that is removable.
I always have mine plugged into CarPlay and passengers tend to use theirs so it’s hasn’t been on my radar to install wireless charging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts