1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
412 Posts
I really don't get what people are expecting with this FAMILY/PEOPLE mover. Sheesh its not a sports car and won't handle like one; and it's not an $90k luxobarge so get off it.

Sorry. I'm tired of hearing about the steering issues being mentioned by reviewers lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't get what people are expecting with this FAMILY/PEOPLE mover. Sheesh its not a sports car and won't handle like one; and it's not an $90k luxobarge so get off it.

Sorry. I'm tired of hearing about the steering issues being mentioned by reviewers lol.
100% agree. Honestly, I don't feel like it's that bad. It handles like a smooth family car should in my mind.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think the steering is quite good also. It feels good on the highway and it feels good on tight turns.

If you take a look at Regular Car Reviews first drive in the Ascent, one of the dude's first comments was how tight the steering was! Go figure. lol.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think the steering is quite good also. It feels good on the highway and it feels good on tight turns.

If you take a look at Regular Car Reviews first drive in the Ascent, one of the dude's first comments was how tight the steering was! Go figure. lol.
Yeah, plus he had that whole WRX blurb/fart thing that had me rolling far more than it should given my age bracket...

I have no qualms against this thing. I drove it all over since I got it Friday (ive got about 400+ on the ODO) and never once felt it "loose". and that is coming from a 2000's WJ that was a solid axle and old.

I cannot wait to take this on a road trip this December and January.

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
665 Posts
These guys just talking stuff up for the sake of talking. It's all OPINION! lol..

Anyways, road trip coming for me soon, to Seattle and CA this Thanksgiving and perhaps Christmas!

·
Registered
665 Posts

Maybe they miss the old cars in the 80s! no power steering. :devil:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, plus he had that whole WRX blurb/fart thing that had me rolling far more than it should given my age bracket...

I have no qualms against this thing. I drove it all over since I got it Friday (ive got about 400+ on the ODO) and never once felt it "loose". and that is coming from a 2000's WJ that was a solid axle and old.

I cannot wait to take this on a road trip this December and January.
Agreed! In a parking lot, the steering is light, but that's when it SHOULD be light and easy. When you start moving, I have noticed it tightens up considerably. The whole light steering complaint is completely overblown and not relevant in my view. Consumer Reports isn't the only one that mentioned it. Subaru did a fine job on the steering for the Ascent, especially when you consider what the vehicle was intended to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.