Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Ascent console is considerably wider at the top taper.

I kept the console organizer from my '16 OB and transferred it to the Ascent, and I now have a 2-tier setup where the insert from the OB fits below the Acent's (with a bit of room to spare), held by friction-fit inside the narrowing console.

I feel like I know you from somewhere.... OFCC? :) More?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha - yes, OFCC for sure 👍🏻.
Hmm - sounds like maybe it won’t work out right. Would love to have an option that works out on this, as I really like the concept.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wow, it's you *and* rDigital?! What's going on?! :D Pretty soon everyone on OFCC will be here!

I haven't had much time to spend online lately, so I've kinda dropped-out. I'll be back, there, though. :)

The Ascent is pretty popular. I wonder if that'll be enough to allow them to start making one for us?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.... But, has anyone come across a console safe solution yet?

I have emailed Console Vault as well as Locker Down and haven’t had any luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.... But, has anyone come across a console safe solution yet?

I have emailed Console Vault as well as Locker Down and haven’t had any luck.

My solution is not as convenient as a locking console but it was all I could figure out before my road trip. I bought one of these > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077FJB2Y9/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wrapped the security cable under the passenger seat and around a solid bar. It is not as accessible as a console lock, but it holds my pistol and radar detector while I'm away from the car. I'm sure you could stuff some cash in it too.

It does tuck nicely under the passenger seat and is out of sight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I do have a similar product to what you linked to.

In my previous vehicle I had the Locker Down solution and loved it. I will try calling them tomorrow, maybe if enough of us contact them regarding the Ascent they will produce a console safe.

The last time I talked to them about something custom they mentioned if they had 10 folks interested in a product it was worth their while.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I do have a similar product to what you linked to.

In my previous vehicle I had the Locker Down solution and loved it. I will try calling them tomorrow, maybe if enough of us contact them regarding the Ascent they will produce a console safe.

The last time I talked to them about something custom they mentioned if they had 10 folks interested in a product it was worth their while.

Count me in for one if you talk to them!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called Lock'er Down this morning and asked about a vault for the Ascent. It sounds like they are expanding their operations and not designing/fabricating anything new until they get into their new shop.

The lady I spoke to sounded very receptive and mentioned I was the second person to call about a solution for the Ascent. I provided photos from multiple angles of the center console that she requested. If I hear anything further I will be sure to post it here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just heard back from them regarding my request to color me interested! If we could get more people from the forum to let them know there are a lot of Ascent owners interested, it might happen sooner than later.

Awesome, hopefully this will get us some momentum and they will realize there is a demand for the Ascent safe.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
488 Posts
^ Yup.

That's a great quetion, Trey T - and the answer is just as Sigmonster noted: different states have different laws about this.

For those of us who sought out licensing/permitting to legally conceal-carry in states that mandate such, we ostensibly did so in order to obey the law.

Given that the law puts limitations on where we can and cannot legally conceal-carry (of-note is that in some states, "signage" may or may not carry the force of law; similarly, state preemption - or lack thereof - of concealed firearms/weapons laws can also make a huge difference, here), for many of us, the need to secure our weapon in the vehicle at some point during our day means that a more securely attached, "built-in," option is a choice which we are willing to pay extra money for.

·
Registered
422 Posts
As an addendum to what both I and TSiWRX have posted, there are also some state and national parks that don't allow conceal-carry (or open-carry for those states that continue to support the 2nd amendment that much).

For those who take the right to legally carry firearms appropriately serious, keeping weapons secure is of paramount importance. Not only do I store firearms in a safe when at home, we even went so far as to place a deadbolt lock on our bedroom door. I'd very much like a more secure solution than a locked glove box in the vehicle as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for making your voices heard!! My fingers are crossed that we will eventually get a solution.

A couple other points, I don't only use the safe for my firearms. I usually keep my wallet, phone and other items of value in my car at times. I like the added security of a console safe to help deter would be thieves. Obviously nothing is going to be 100% effective, but it should slow them down.

Anyone else remotely interested in a safe please reach out to them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts