Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering getting an Ascent, its down to either the a Limited 23 or a Premium 14, I just want the Sunroof, plus the kids love it.
I would prefer the Premium for the most part, however i hate the look of the Carbon fiber trim they use on the Dash, does anyone know anyway to replacee this with something else.
A couple options that ive considered: 1.Just get the limited, 2. Get the Premium, and cover it with some kind of vinyl wrap, 3. If the pieces can be removed seperate from the dash, remove them and order pieces for a limited model that are leather wrapped, and install them instead. 4. Live with it and get the premium, has anyone here done any of these things? Thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I assume you would want to replace the trim on the doors as well since they match. Fortunately these are able to be removed and replaced. So if you wanted you could buy the leather wrapped versions and install them yourself or have the dealer do it.

The dash trim its held in with clips and can be popped off. The door trim is screwed into other parts of the door liner so you will have to take off the door liner to remove the trim.

I would personally go against using vinyl wrap on them since they are textured but depending on the vinyl/adhesive you could still do it. If you do, Id still remove the parts to wrap them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.