Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a 2016 wrx and 2015 outback but we need more space, so thinking about trading the outback for the ascent. Outback is almost at 100,000 miles and I had a pretty serious accident only 2 weeks after I bought it that involved an 8 point buck and about $20,000 of repairs to it. Subaru is by far the safest cars we've own and my wife and I both love our cars.

Has anyone who's gotten the touring trim regret getting it? My outback has all the bells and whistles that were available so I really dont want to back track on options with the ascent. I know the touring is more expensive but I'd rather get what we really want instead of settling and wishing we had. I'll be using the VIP purchasing option so that'll help a bit on pricing.

Anyhow, I hope there will be tuning options since it has a turbo!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love my Touring. Cooling seats are amazing. Only thing I don't love is the brown leather, although not sure I love the other non-Touring options as black is hot and the grey is really light and I have kids.

The rear view camera mirror is amazing, the front camera is nice. Get it!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why regret anything? Sometimes it's the little things that make it fun! I actually love the Java seats. Not white - don't have to worry about staining that leather. Not killer black hot. Only aesthetic I'm not in love with is the white leather accent trim on the front - wish that was Java too. Love my Touring and don't regret a bit of it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I found the Java Brown much more appealing IN PERSON compared to the photos.

I kind of like the black and ivory contrast pieces because it will help tie in the black exterior into the interior.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Loving it more and more

I found the Java Brown much more appealing IN PERSON compared to the photos.

I kind of like the black and ivory contrast pieces because it will help tie in the black exterior into the interior.
This. In February, when I ordered, I was dreading the Java Brown and would have changed it if there was another option. Now that I have the car, I am thoroughly loving the color and so happy with it, even in my Magnetite Grey Metallic Ascent Touring.

It's so warm and inviting, and the greys, blacks and ivories that break up the Java Brown add nice touches, especially when the car is all lit up inside at night.

As for the rest of what makes a Touring, I am thrilled I stuck with it. Loving it more and more.

·
Registered
235 Posts
We've had our Touring for 6 days now and are loving everything about it. We have no regrets. We love the Java brown interior with the Cinnamon Brown Pearl exterior. The car rides a lot smoother than we expected with the 20 inch wheels and it's so quiet. Only other thing I'd wish for, but isn't currently offered, is for power folding mirrors. This is the biggest Subaru ever and I think that should of been included in the Touring and an option for all other trims.

Reactions: RocknRoll

·
Registered
646 Posts
The two things I scoffed at are (after using them) probably the two things I must have if I don't end up in a turbo brz for the next car to replace my impreza.

Front camera, amazing pulling into the garage and making sure I'm in far enough but not too far so I can still get around the front.

The "smart" rear view mirror camera. It provides much better visibility and night vision.

Both only available on the Touring trim.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The two things I scoffed at are (after using them) probably the two things I must have if I don't end up in a turbo brz for the next car to replace my impreza.

Front camera, amazing pulling into the garage and making sure I'm in far enough but not too far so I can still get around the front.

The "smart" rear view mirror camera. It provides much better visibility and night vision.

Both only available on the Touring trim.
I would say you nailed it. The other options are nice - but these are only on the Touring and they are so valuable.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Touring only 7 seater . The only reason I didn’t get it
That is one of the odd questions I have. Why limit the low and high trims?

·
Registered
932 Posts
My Outback is only 5 and yet I manage.

In all seriousness it seems like the captain chairs are more of a luxury type trim. Which is why it’s limited to the highest trim, i guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We've had our Touring for 6 days now and are loving everything about it. We have no regrets. We love the Java brown interior with the Cinnamon Brown Pearl exterior. The car rides a lot smoother than we expected with the 20 inch wheels and it's so quiet. Only other thing I'd wish for, but isn't currently offered, is for power folding mirrors. This is the biggest Subaru ever and I think that should of been included in the Touring and an option for all other trims.
I thought power folding mirrors were available now?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,841 Posts
Keep in mind that this thread is from 2018. Somethings are slightly different with the MY20 model year as has been noted since the thread was resurrected yesterday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts