Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
There's an annoying lag (~1s) between pushing skip track button, and the iPhone actually going to the next song, but it's manageable.
you can try going to WiFi settings on you phone and on CapPlay WiFi connection turn off LowData Mod ...
my is very responsive, looks same as using wire..

I think update page showing available version and not the one currently installed , so I am not sure how to see "installed" version

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
255 Posts
Has anyone seen how warm the phone gets when wireless charging and using this?
We have a Mini with (BMW) factory wireless CP and charging. The phone gets pretty toasty when wireless charging no matter what you're doing with it. Wireless CP (with the phone still in my pocket) itself doesn't appear to have any impact from that regard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get a Carlinkit 2.0 from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P48249Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) after the CPlay2Air unit I got wouldn't work. They offered a replacement unit since no lights would come on, but if the replacement didn't work, I would be stuck paying return shipping to China twice, so I opted to order from Amazon with free returns. I used the firmware that the cplay2air support advised to use (U2W_Update.img) and it worked right away in my 2019 Ascent Limited. The instruction insert is exactly the same between the two units, so I don't think there's really a difference. The one from cplay2air must have been defective.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was able to get a Carlinkit 2.0 from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P48249Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) after the CPlay2Air unit I got wouldn't work. They offered a replacement unit since no lights would come on, but if the replacement didn't work, I would be stuck paying return shipping to China twice, so I opted to order from Amazon with free returns. I used the firmware that the cplay2air support advised to use (U2W_Update.img) and it worked right away in my 2019 Ascent Limited. The instruction insert is exactly the same between the two units, so I don't think there's really a difference. The one from cplay2air must have been defective.
Nice. I have the car link as well, haven’t tried it after updating since CarPlay2air worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@gaajar to make sure I understand you correct: you used the firmware that @itsdchz posted for his "carplay2air" device on your "Carlinkit 2.0" device? I.e. they're different devices, but the firmware works regardless? Thanks in advance for correcting me if I misunderstood.
Yes, the firmware from carplay2air works with carlinkit2.0. It's because carlinkit is the OEM that carplay2air is reselling (as posted in other forums). In my support conversation with carlinkit, I sent them the link to this firmware. They were appreciative of the detail provided. I also asked them to let me know if they push this out as a formal update in the future.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,231 Posts
Question, do you have an adapter like others, or were you able to get the Ascent's own WIFI to connect to your phone for the CarPlay connection? Thanks!
Subaru does not support wireless CarPlay/Android/Auto via the in-vehicle WiFi.. The "dongle" has to do the WiFi connection that they require to work.

·
Super Moderator
4,231 Posts

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Meaning what? Disruptive technology? Not sure what you are saying.
Difficult to find/accomplish (tougher to jailbreak these days).

·
Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
is the wireless carplay support only 1 user or you multiple people can connect?.
Wired/Wireless...doesn't matter. One device at a time.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
21 - 37 of 37 Posts