Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, it's been 24 years since my last Subaru. Lots of Hondas but the Ascent won me back. Picking up our red Limited next week. We are retired, home is mid MI and we spend part of the Winter in CA so this will be our cross country rig. We travel with 2 small dogs and these annual trips usually run between 6,500 and 7,500 miles.

With the interstate miles we drive plus LA traffic plus my advanced age, getting all of the safety features on the Ascent seem like a good idea. I called our salesman and pulled the trigger the day the crash tests were published.

I've been lurking here for a month or so and have learned a lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome back to the Subaru family! Did you customize your Limited? Did you opt for a 7 or 8 seater? Can't wait to hear about your mileage on those long trips.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back to the Subaru family! Did you customize your Limited? Did you opt for a 7 or 8 seater? Can't wait to hear about your mileage on thosle long trips.
Thanks, since I didn't have time to order and get through the break in before we plan to leave for CA, I had the dealer look for an 8 passenger Limited and gave him my color choices. He found ours near Detroit. It was pretty loaded up with more options than I would have originally wanted but now I'm really happy with it. So far, the around town mileage is averaging 20+ and I'm looking forward to seeing what we get on the cross country trip. The Ascent replaced a Ram Hemi crew cab so it should be a lot better but my wife's car is an Accord hybrid that gets 50+ around town 45 on the highway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I followed a similar path.

We owned a few Subaru's in the past but we outgrew them some time ago. My last Subaru was a 2002 WRX wagon. Our last several cars have been Honda's. I just picked up our Ascent Limited two days ago. So far, I am very impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts