Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Picked up my 19 Ascent premium on 2/20/19. I mainly bought it to use as a tow vehicle for my racecar(98 Impreza 2.5rs with a full wrx/sti swap).

I do have some intentions on doing some light mods but I cant until COBB gives support for our cars :( until then I'll be working with a few companies to start manufacturing parts for our cars (lowering springs, suspension bits, aesthetics, maybe some exhaust stuff)

I look forward to talking to fellow enthusiasts!

-Bryce

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely be interested in some exhaust stuff, maybe suspension. I want to squeeze a little more power out of this thing, nothing too aggressive. Family car for me, but I am a tuner at heart can't leave it stock.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Keep me posted...

Just Picked up my 19 Ascent premium on 2/20/19. I mainly bought it to use as a tow vehicle for my racecar(98 Impreza 2.5rs with a full wrx/sti swap).

I do have some intentions on doing some light mods but I cant until COBB gives support for our cars :( until then I'll be working with a few companies to start manufacturing parts for our cars (lowering springs, suspension bits, aesthetics, maybe some exhaust stuff)

I look forward to talking to fellow enthusiasts!

-Bryce
Make sure you keep me posted - for some reason, a lot of people read my posts, and, if you ever end up anywhere near the Long Island area, hit me up and I will photog the heck out of anything you build. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely be interested in some exhaust stuff, maybe suspension. I want to squeeze a little more power out of this thing, nothing too aggressive. Family car for me, but I am a tuner at heart can't leave it stock.

I definitely will.

This weekend we're throwing it up on the lift to see what and what doesnt fit from the sti/wrx.

I'm not looking to go wild on this car but I want to make it a tad faster and look good. My goal is a fun daily driver

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure you keep me posted - for some reason, a lot of people read my posts, and, if you ever end up anywhere near the Long Island area, hit me up and I will photog the heck out of anything you build. :tango_face_wink:

I will keep you in mind! Im making a trip up to the tail of the dragon in may with the racecar & dirtbike hooked up to the car. Im excited to see the capabilities of the ascent

·
Registered
112 Posts
Might have to swing by the shop and see what's what, but I'm totally letting you go first this time! All I really want is a bigger rear sway bar. Check that for me? K thnx

·
Registered
649 Posts
The last word I saw out of COBB is they have no development.

Dave @ CryoTune had not heard anything when I was there last month for dyno runs. My office is one block from CT. Dave is a leading tuner here in Denver and all over the world. He tunes solely through the COBB AP. So I am not getting tuned by Dave, but I am getting numbers and we are colaborating.

I use an open source remote tuner (XRT - Extreme Racing Tuning) Ed has cracked many new Subaru ECU platforms. I have been working with XRT since 2013 over 2 different platforms. (cars) However, I know XRT could and would tune an Ascent. But like me (CKE SSP) the front end investment is large. AND, do you get the right 1st customer. That customer needs to understand there are some costs and a commitment for the amount of logging and effort necessary to have any significant effect.

I can tell you this. My Outback XT has beat stock LGT MTs and Stock SpecBs at the strip and I am heavier...due to nothing but a few intake mods and XRT tuning. I can aslo say that on Dave's (heartbreak Mustang dyno) a stock OBXT/LGT makes 165WHP. Cherry was making 177WHP at only 3400 rpm in 3rd when the turbo inlet hose let loose.

XRT tuning can do this, but there needs to be real, legitimate interest. Or just wait for COBB, BTW XRT is a COBB AP tuner also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just in case anyone finds this old thread, here's the more updated one where we talk about COBB's support of the Ascent:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts