Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team, I am having trouble getting the auto clock update feature to work. My phone connects to the car, (contacts are downloaded), I can use the phone over Bluetooth as phone. I have connected via Car play and all seems to work well. I have updated the setting, using the center display control to Auto.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
There might be a very specific way to get the auto clock update to work, but I haven't found it. I've been through two time changes now and I've set it manually each time after attempting to let it auto update.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
From what I have read about this, it appears that the auto clock update is tied to a Bluetooth data connection with your phone and not to a voice connection, or through AA/Car Play. That's why downloading phone book contacts will update the time as described in the manual which is pretty vague about other ways this can happen.

Seems like if you allow notifications and text messages that would work, but only when you actually got a notification after crossing a time zone border.

I have nav so I can't fool around with this in my car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Team, I am having trouble getting the auto clock update feature to work. My phone connects to the car, (contacts are downloaded), I can use the phone over Bluetooth as phone. I have connected via Car play and all seems to work well. I have updated the setting, using the center display control to Auto.

Any suggestions?
Yes, make sure all of your Subaru apps are updated on your ph/ dashboard!
Then click the Subaru app on the dashboard! Fixed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts