Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Climbed Into The 3rd Row Seating For The First Time

11K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ey31 
#1 ·
So I decided to climb into the 3rd row to see how it felt. Kinda cramped for an average side adult. It feels like you are leaning toward too.

Luckily, it will only be small children riding back there for the most part.

#5 ·
These three... (1) recline the seats a bit, (2) pull up the headrests, and (3) alas, if you're 6'2" or above, it won't be comfy for long drives.

Final one: people have found that the Tourings and other 7 seat configs are more comfy for 3rd row adults, because they can stretch one knee/leg/foot a little farther forward.

Were the head rests pulled up?

They force you forward in an uncomfortable position if they are not pulled up at head height.

The seats can be reclined back a bit more using the short strap on the right and left side.
LOL it took me a few days before I realized I should probably try sitting in the 2nd and the 3rd row. The 2nd row bench seats were pretty spacious but I realized I would have to move it forward a bit in order for any adult to fit in the 3rd row which is fine because the 2nd row is reserved for the pup.

Reclining the 3rd row helps with the comfort, but you're limited in how much you can recline.

#4 ·
LOL it took me a few days before I realized I should probably try sitting in the 2nd and the 3rd row. The 2nd row bench seats were pretty spacious but I realized I would have to move it forward a bit in order for any adult to fit in the 3rd row which is fine because the 2nd row is reserved for the pup.

Reclining the 3rd row helps with the comfort, but you're limited in how much you can recline.

#6 ·
So I decided to climb into the 3rd row to see how it felt. Kinda cramped for an average side adult. It feels like you are leaning toward too.

Luckily, it will only be small children riding back there for the most part.
Were the head rests pulled up?

They force you forward in an uncomfortable position if they are not pulled up at head height.

The seats can be reclined back a bit more using the short strap on the right and left side.
Head rests were up, but I didn't know about the short strap. Will give that a try.

#7 ·
Head rests were up, but I didn't know about the short strap. Will give that a try.
You can recline the 3rd row a lot in my opinion. More than necessary. Imagine the 3rd row is down for storage. The same strap you use to pull it back out of the floor, keep pulling, and it goes beyond 90 degrees and starts to recline. Or course, the more you recline, the more space you take away from the storage space behind the 3rd row.

Reactions: Sparkland
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.