Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some clear liquid dripping from the driver side just behind the mud flap (see pic). It’s obviously just next to the exhaust so don’t know if the heat from that is creating condensation somewhere or something like that. It’s only happening in that one side and not on the passenger side.

You can see it drip a couple times in the video.

It’s clear/colorless and odorless. About 99% sure it’s just water, but wanted to see if anyone has had the same thing happen and/or knows whether it’s anything to be concerned with.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Rear AC evaporator.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Yep, thanks!

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Lol, I just dyslexic terms from time to time. I've installed the stuff when I used to install industrial freezers during my construction years. It's not the only terms I do that with, either.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
I do it with frame rails and sub frame. I do it with numerous other terms. It's all there in my head correctly... like I've never mixed up an evaporator and condenser in the field... but... words the! 🤣

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I did that just today trying to explain to management the heat exchanger I had to get fixed. Thinking to myself “does the refrigerant evaporate?”
Yes the refrigerant does indeed evaporate in the evaporator. It is going from a liquid state to a rapidly expanding gaseous state and getting cold. For more fun information look up Joules Thompson Effect.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Correct, totally normal. There's a few drain hoses there if you have the moonroof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts