Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to making the upgrades I wanted. A friend of mine with a vinyl wrap business did the chrome delete and "running board" accent. (If you're in the Denver-Boulder area and want his info, DM me!)

Also swapped out stock wheels/tires for Vision 5 spokes and some all-terrains, as well as the Eibach lift kit. I love the way it handles now, especially when heavily loaded and/or towing our camper.

Oh, and then washed + waxed. :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,859 Posts
Looks great...the red highlight is very nice. Some red caliper paint or covers would kick it up a little farther, but that's certainly subjective.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here is the back of my Ascent Touring after a chrome delete. Taillights were painted with a light smoke; painted the bumper guard gloss black as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks great...the red highlight is very nice. Some red caliper paint or covers would kick it up a little farther, but that's certainly subjective.
There is no way you can be serious. And chrome on bottom of tail gate. Where'd that come from ? I want one. Chrome strip I mean.

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got around to making the upgrades I wanted. A friend of mine with a vinyl wrap business did the chrome delete and "running board" accent. (If you're in the Denver-Boulder area and want his info, DM me!)

Also swapped out stock wheels/tires for Vision 5 spokes and some all-terrains, as well as the Eibach lift kit. I love the way it handles now, especially when heavily loaded and/or towing our camper.

Oh, and then washed + waxed. :)

View attachment 5581

View attachment 5583
Nice looking ride! What tire size did you put on your Ascent? Also, what is the Eibach lift kit you used? How much lift did it provide?

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
You are painting the chrome strip. Who does this. Why would you do that. I think you should just take it off and you give it to me. Hell, I'll even pay the shipping to myself.
I haven't painted anything. I'm not the thread originator. You quoted me complementing the OP's work and assumed it was me doing the work...that's why I had no idea what you are talking about.

That said, if you don't like the idea of the paint, you don't have to do it. The OP prefers it that way. That's fine, too. LOTs of folks prefer to get rid of the chrome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jim, I think Ascentlover4me was referring to my post. While I honestly don't care what he thinks about my custom work, I do appreciate your comments. Thanks - JG

·
Registered
226 Posts
Jim, I think Ascentlover4me was referring to my post. While I honestly don't care what he thinks about my custom work, I do appreciate your comments. Thanks - JG
Looks good, at first glance in that first picture I thought it was a Forester.

·
Administrator
10,958 Posts
I'm not sure what I think about your work. I think you need more practice. I'll be a nice guy and volunteer my Ascent so you can get that practice. 😂🤣

Seriously though, amazing job!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
Perhaps...but he quoted mine. :)

And yea...go play with Robert's ride. His Ascent isn't modified enough yet! :) :D

• Haha
Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
225 Posts
I haven't painted anything. I'm not the thread originator. You quoted me complementing the OP's work and assumed it was me doing the work...that's why I had no idea what you are talking about.

That said, if you don't like the idea of the paint, you don't have to do it. The OP prefers it that way. That's fine, too. LOTs of folks prefer to get rid of the chrome.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I new you would come around. Paint the brake calipers , that's where it starts. Have you painted the back of your mufflers yet. I bet you all have done that one, and if you hav'nt you should.

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
I new you would come around. Paint the brake calipers , that's where it starts. Have you painted the back of your mufflers yet. I bet you all have done that one, and if you hav'nt you should.
I wash my Ascent occasionally...but I don't mod.

Reactions: Hankdog
1 - 20 of 22 Posts