Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I got all the vinyl ordered from Premium Auto Styling plus a roll from Amazon to match the satin black I selected my pre-cuts in from P.A.S.

Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Font Electric blue

The roll has arrived and my P.A.S. order is due to arrive at the end of the week. Either this weekend or next I'm planning to do my full chrome delete!

About a year ago I had ordered and installed the pre-cuts for the bottom of the door chrome strip and I'm very happy with how that vinyl has held up since install so it is now time to finish the project and do the full set up on my car!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Window Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Car Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I also ordered a new hitch that is powder coated matte black to replace my current 3 ball hitch which has chrome balls. I'm stoked to complete this project and get rid of the chrome!

My stepson and I also just got some kayaks so I had to get cross bars for the roof rails so we can transport our kayaks on our Malone Megawings I picked up! (Great find on offer up!)

I'll post progress pictures as I get the chrome delete in the works and once complete!

Super Moderator
I also ordered a new hitch that is powder coated matte black to replace my current 3 ball hitch which has chrome balls. I'm stoked to complete this project and get rid of the chrome!
the chrome delete looks so good. I鈥檓 excited on your behalf!
Are you planning on using the hitch though? I鈥檓 not so sure powder coat will last on the ball once a trailer is attached. I鈥檓 curious to see how it鈥檒l look and wear with a little use.

Reactions: 2020.Bigfoot.Ascent

Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the chrome delete looks so good. I鈥檓 excited on your behalf!
Are you planning on using the hitch though? I鈥檓 not so sure powder coat will last on the ball once a trailer is attached. I鈥檓 curious to see how it鈥檒l look and wear with a little use.
Honestly the hitch may get light usage from time to time. But I'll probably keep the one with chrome hitch balls in the storage space in the back under the floor and use that one instead lol

Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are your thoughts with Premium? I have the chrome delete kits in my basket but never completed the order. Let me know how 鈥渄ifficult鈥 installation goes. I just may not have the patience to do myself!
When I did the bottom of the doors it was way easier than I expected. I just watched a few YouTube videos ahead of time to make sure I was prepared for it before ordering. It definitely takes a degree of patience as you don't want to rush and mess it up.

I bought a kit on Amazon of wrap tools and a pair of vinyl wrap gloves this go around. The first time I just did it with tools I already had but since I will have a little custom cutting to do from the roll of vinyl I bought I thought actual wrap tools would come in handy. I also bought a heat gun on Amazon and that came in very handy!

Honestly if it goes well doing all of it this time I'm thinking about starting a little side biz doing chrome deletes for people locally (Puyallup/Tacoma area in WA).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts