Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I did a quick search but did not see anything similar but pardon if this has already been asked.
The moonroof when you open it, is it supposed to slide all the way open? Currently mine will stop halfway, then when I press/slide the button again it will go about 5/6 open, then one more slide/press it will open fully. Is this normal?
While confusing, I am less concerned as closing the moonroof is the expected 2 press/slide close as in doing it once will close it all the way and have a tilt, one more will be completely closed.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Greetings,
I'm not in a position to test for a bit, but the manual does explain the 5/6 part. Page 157:
To open the moonroof:
When the moonroof switch is slided and held to the open side, the moonroof will
open, then stop slightly before the fully open position to reduce wind noise.
Slide the moonroof switch again to fully open the moonroof.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem until I took it to the Subaru service. They told me that it was the roof weatherstrip that stopped him. In addition mine also made a rebound when I tried to close it and went back. All this was solved with the correct placement of the rubber gasket. Now when I open it it only stops once before it opens completely and with another touch it opens everything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I find it pretty annoying but I have the same thing happening with my moonroof.

First push opens 5/6 then another to fully open

First push closing closes and tilts then another to fully close.

I find the closing annoying because it’s possible to forget to fully close the moonroof and have it rain later. I did that once and thank goodness it didn’t rain that night!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is true and not to mention when we want to close the windows too and everything must be done separately. It would be good to have a control that closes everything together...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hate resurrecting an old thread but I wanted to get your input. I took my 2019 Ascent to our local dealer complaining the moonroof doesn't fully retract. They told me they attempted operation around twenty times and each time it operated as it should. They also explained "comfort mode" to me where the glass doesn't fully retract. I informed them I'm aware the glass should only retract about 5/6 of the way. My problem was it retracted about half way on the first push of the button. Unfortunately it didn't happen every time for me. Here's a video that I took the first time trying it after I got home from the dealer. Should I take it back into them or is this a non-issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts