Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Ascent last week and this morning the Check Engine light came on (along with all the other lights on the dash, kinda freaky). I went ahead and drove to work because the lights weren't flashing (the service guy told me as long as the check engine light isn't flashing it's safe to drive), I checked the gas cap for tightness, and otherwise will be bringing my car in to the dealer in the morning. It seems to be driving fine. Has anyone else had this happen? It has 350 miles on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The check engine light stayed on almost all day yesterday, but turned itself off as I was driving home. I still took it into the dealer - they said the code that came up was something to do with a leak in the oil line that goes to the turbo. They couldn’t find any issue with the oil line, though, so just told me to bring it back if it happens again.

·
Registered
685 Posts
An oil leak or low pressure at the oil feed to the turbo is a serious thing. The snail needs lube to motivate down the road. To keep spinning it needs a fresh slime trail.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An oil leak or low pressure at the oil feed to the turbo is a serious thing. The snail needs lube to motivate down the road. To keep spinning it needs a fresh slime trail.
Could this be the same kind of error that the folks who had missing turbo screws had? I planned to print out that thread from this forum and take it back to the service department tomorrow to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts