Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer (behind my back) programmed my Ascent with a 3000 mi maintenance cycle when I did my first oil change at 6k. I'm now at 9k and my car is nagging me to take it in for service. Where do I change the service interval? In my other vehicle it was easy to find and change, in this one I couldn't find it.
I don't do severe driving, only lame drop the kids to school driving and some long trips, so I'm going with the 6000 mi interval, I don't want to wait 3k more miles off the messages to stop.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's pretty annoying that your dealer did that. I'd let them know that I don't want them doing that again. I still get the annoying oil change stickers put on my windshield but those come off easily.

There are maintenance settings in the multifunction display above the radio.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The dealer put the sticker on my glass with the 9000 miles, so back then I went and checked and lo and behold, they had changed those settings you pointed out to 3000 mile intervals.
I did change those settings back then to 6000 miles, and yet I got notified at 9000 miles.I thought perhaps there were other settings for the dealer notification. I'll try again to reset it and see if this time it honors it.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I did change those settings back then to 6000 miles, and yet I got notified at 9000 miles.I thought perhaps there were other settings for the dealer notification. I'll try again to reset it and see if this time it honors it.
There are actually 4 separate maintenance reminders that can be set with both a target date and target mileage: Oil change, oil filter change, tire rotation and other. So it's possible to still get a reminder even if you reset the oil change mileage reminder.

I've had 2 oil changes so far at 2 different dealers and both times the first 3 reminders were set for the then current mileage plus 6,000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts