Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s our new Ascent Touring getting a royal treatment ...Ceramic Pro exterior lifetime Gold Plan and interior treatment

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here’s our new Ascent Touring getting a royal treatment ...Ceramic Pro exterior lifetime Gold Plan and interior treatment
Why did you go with Ceramic Pro? Did you look at Opti Coat Pro Plus or the others out there?

When we get ours it’s going to get the full front XPEL Ultimate Wrap done w/ headlights, mirror caps, door caps, and a strip on the rear bumper for loading and unloading. Also gonna tint the front windows to match the factory tint of the rear.

Spending money on the wrap and gonna apply ceramic myself on our vehicle and do a little paint correction when we get it. I’m using the blackfire pro ceramic.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Professional installer that I knew was experienced...and 4 miles from home....will pick up tomorrow...front window was not treated...I briefly looked at a few others, but they didn’t appear to have the longevity I was looking for.
Exterior
- Wash & Claybar
- 4 layers Ceramic Pro 9H on paint
- 1 layer Ceramic Pro Light on paint
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on all exterior plastics
- 2 layers of Ceramic Pro Rain on windshield, 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on front side windows
- All wheels protected with Ceramic Pro Wheels & Calipers (Face area of wheel)
- Lifetime protection with annual check up
Interior
- Every surface inside the vehicle will be coated
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Leather
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Textile
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Plastic on all plastic & rubber
- 1 extra layer on Driver's Seat

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why did you go with Ceramic Pro? Did you look at Opti Coat Pro Plus or the others out there?

When we get ours it’s going to get the full front XPEL Ultimate Wrap done w/ headlights, mirror caps, door caps, and a strip on the rear bumper for loading and unloading. Also gonna tint the front windows to match the factory tint of the rear.

Spending money on the wrap and gonna apply ceramic myself on our vehicle and do a little paint correction when we get it. I’m using the blackfire pro ceramic.
lazydaze$$-looka fantastic-don't know anyone would want anything else-stunning !!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

Blackfire is a relatively new product, I have seen advertised. I have used many Blackfire products with much success. Hope it all goes well for you.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Professional installer that I knew was experienced...and 4 miles from home....will pick up tomorrow...front window was not treated...I briefly looked at a few others, but they didn’t appear to have the longevity I was looking for.
Exterior
- Wash & Claybar
- 4 layers Ceramic Pro 9H on paint
- 1 layer Ceramic Pro Light on paint
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on all exterior plastics
- 2 layers of Ceramic Pro Rain on windshield, 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on front side windows
- All wheels protected with Ceramic Pro Wheels & Calipers (Face area of wheel)
- Lifetime protection with annual check up
Interior
- Every surface inside the vehicle will be coated
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Leather
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Textile
- 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Plastic on all plastic & rubber
- 1 extra layer on Driver's Seat
That would be a $2,000 coating here in Denver.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Blackfire is a relatively new product, I have seen advertised. I have used many Blackfire products with much success. Hope it all goes well for you.
Yeah that’s why I thought I would give it a go and if the product doesn’t last long, I can always opt for the opti Coat Pro plus. I use blackfire on my Impreza and enjoy using that stuff. Very easy to use and wipe off and the shine is fantastic!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Going to get mine done in a few weeks with IGL Kenzo. Been using the same installed for a bit as well and have always been pleased. In the past I would drive straight to his home from the dealer.

The above workup sounds great! I just started my interior and it’s going smooth. I just don’t trust myself with the paint!

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you please let us know the cost and where it was done / installer? thx!

you can PM me as well
I was able to get a couple specials for the 4th of July and Kean Moore reduced my price for not doing the front windshield. But it’s not cheap...get final bill late today...around $1750.
Ceramic Coating

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pro 9h ...4 coats..can take up to 40 minutes to cure between coats..based on temperature and humidity...then the final application pro light and glass treatment ....wait 24 hours before getting it wet...then good to go...I THINK.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks great! And it will continue to with every wash. The upfront cost is always $$$ but every time you wash it and it looks like you spent 5 hours cleaning it, it makes that $$$ worth it. Enjoy.

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
412 Posts
ive considered it, but it's just SO expensive and im a tight about money

·
Registered
265 Posts
ive considered it, but it's just SO expensive and im a tight about money
Are you by chance near Chicago? The guy I use offers pretty fantastic prices and excellent quality. Check out XTCdetail on Instagram or Facebook.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are you by chance near Chicago? The guy I use offers pretty fantastic prices and excellent quality. Check out XTCdetail on Instagram or Facebook.
Quite a bit far! Utah. I haven't looked local, but i'd be willing to bet cost isn't that far off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The pro 9h ...4 coats..can take up to 40 minutes to cure between coats..based on temperature and humidity...then the final application pro light and glass treatment ....wait 24 hours before getting it wet...then good to go...I THINK.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4CdJ_DSzo8
To follow up....the actual cure time is 2-3 weeks....if you get it wet during that time frame, lightly wipe the water off the car promptly with quality (350gsm) microfiber towels....per the installer...no washing of car during this period. Then wash every couple weeks, can use some mild soap(type recommended by detailer) by hand using microfiber towel or hand mitt, or foam gun( optimal). Rinsing with pressure washer recommended, but hose ok. Can use spray and wash car washes or touch less....never use brushes, never ever select spray wax or use any wax! Always dry completely using clean microfiber towels. Avoid washing in direct sunlight. Wash top down. Avoid high PH detergent cleaners/soap. Wax is no no as it won’t bond with the coating and is unnecessary.

·
Registered
235 Posts
...the actual cure time is 2-3 weeks....if you get it wet during that time frame...
Wow, with the Florida torrential afternoon rain/downpour's, that's impossible between late May and early October...unless you park it in the garage for 3 weeks. :crying:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.